Full load temp?

TheHumanComputer

Daemon Poster
So i have a new cooler on my GPU. new paste too, i replaced it yesterday.

I am getting temps of upto 88oC. Just playing WoW. and im not even on ultra settings, it seems to go high when i watch a film online too?

Is my Graphics card stuffed?

Fan speed is at max 24/7 according to MSI afterburner, i am getting temps of 90oC, just playing wow and not even doing anything on the game. It seems to go pretty high when i play a Facebook game, and watch movies?

As I explained before, if your cooler isn't plugged into your card then the fan speed in MSI Afterburner is useless. If it is, then that cooler is rubbish like I explained before.

That being said, the temps are still ok. The 5800s are hot cards.

Recmmomend a decent cooler for the card? Ill send it back. I believe the card has gotten too almost 95 oC as well. So yes, this is now a rubbish cooler. And I should've listened and read what you wrote before. I need to find a replacement for it though.

The fan is plugged into the card, it stays at the 4k rpm. But doesn't seem to keep the card cool. :(

The ones I linked in the other thread that you said were too expensive. Arctic makes smaller coolers but they pretty much resemble what you have which obviously isn't working. Another consideration is your card might be going out.

Back
Top Bottom