Need help with repeating smudge on new HP Laserjet

earwicker7

In Runtime
I just received a new HP Laserjet Pro 200 M251nw; I printed the sample image to check the quality, and there was a vertical line of black smudges, each about the size of a pinhead, and about an inch apart.

From checking the internet, it appears that there is a stray chunk of toner somewhere, probably on the fuser, and that it simply needs to be cleaned. I assumed that HP Customer Service would be able to tell me how to do this... 90 minutes later, I figured out the person doing the "troubleshooting" had simply reached the end of his generic print quality script, and had started over at the beginning. He kept having me do completely irrelevant stuff like checking the color themes (how does whether you choose sRGB or AdobeRGB cause a black smudge?), so it was pretty obvious he did not understand the problem.

There is a "cleaning page" that you can print, but it isn't working after five tries.

Is anyone familiar enough with this printer that they could tell me how to clean this?

There is a "cleaning page" that you can print, but it isn't working after five tries.
Is anyone familiar enough with this printer that they could tell me how to clean this?

Have you tried resetting the printer to factory default settings ?
When I was working on my hp photosmart all in one last year I had to do that first.
The way hp has their printers programmed to run these diagnostics is pretty much backwords.

Until you "CLEAN" that toner out and roller it will continue to throw out that message.
Read this here it will come in handy:
http://www.feedroller.com/Store/Service Manual/HP-CLJ-M251-Pro-200-Service-Manual.pdf

If for some odd reason you don't fully fix it you may call this number:
Inkboy Ink & Toner Outlet in Augusta, GA | 138 Davis Rd, # G, Augusta, GA

Speak with the store owner and explain your problem, if he is knowlegable he may be able to walk you through it and fix it.

If all else fails, drop the printer from a 2 story house window straight to the dumpster and be done with HP. :/

Back
Top Bottom