Probably a BIOS issue

Bakii

Beta member
Hello everyone!
I have a rather odd problem with my computer (I will write down what's exactly my PC at the end of the post).
It started when I was playing Starcraft 2, I got some strange blue-screen that told me I needed to reboot my computer, so I did so but after that (in Windows) I had the same problem (after which I secured my data from C). When I tried turning on my computer for the 3rd time I got stuck on the windows opening image.

The problem:
1) Right now I'm having problems in BIOS, they are distorted in terms of colours. These are some of the problems:

-There are also (sometimes?) red dots/lines in BIOS settings.
-Before the whole problem, in between one of the restarts, I've noticed I had a yellow triangle at my graphic card (in device managers), meaning something was wrong.
-Everything runs waaaay slower than it used to.

Thus I conclude, that it is probably a problem of a) BIOS, b) the graphic card, c) the mother board.

After some problems (because everything ran so slow I thought that the installation process stopped) I've managed to reinstall my windows (win 7 - 64 bit ultimate). After the installation I ran Nod32 full scan that found 1 virus. I didn't install the drivers yet. I've also rebooted my BIOS by removing the battery and cutting off the power supply. But neither the first nor the second action helped me.
However, neither the first, nor the second action helped me with my problem. I feel that I need to fix the BIOS thing before installing the drivers and trying if everything is ok.

Thanks in advance, I really appreciate you taking your time to help me.

----
My computer:
Motherboard: Asus P5QL-pro
Processor: Intel Core 2 duo E8400 3 GHz
Graphic Card: Nvidia GeFore GTX 260
RAM: 2x 2GB
I bought it about 4 years ago.

If any other information is relevant please ask.
Thanks again

Baki

it could be the monitor but my money is on the video card had o.d
Try another monitor to be sure and if you still get that funky screen then check the video card, is the cooling fan on it running? is it full of dust? if the fans running and it's not full of crap...then the card may have failed

Hey, thanks for the answer.
I don't think it's the monitor's fault, as it works perfectly fine in Windows.
As for the graphic card, I undust the computer like every year and I did so as well after the failure. The fans work normally.
Could this be some BIOS virus?

EDIT:
I can't enter windows when my graphic card is enabled. However, when it is disabled the BIOS stuff does not disappear.

Last edited:
[SOLVED] - It was the graphic card, I've put it into another computer and it had the same things.

Back
Top Bottom