Budget graphics card

Do I need to connect this card to the psu? I don't the connections.

Nevermind it says optional on the instructions.

I would actually take the remaining bundle of cables and put them above the optical drive to make sure the GPU gets proper airflow. Also, move that 4/8pin cable above the CPU fan so it won't get snagged or caught.

The beauty of that card is it shouldn't have a 6pin power input.

I meant in the bay with the optical drive. You'll have to take the zip ties off and split it up because not all of them will fit and they'll need to be flattened out a bit. You can also go under the GPU from the bottom with that 8pin. The other half of the bundle if extended then re-zipped can be put in that bay with the HDD to split the bulk up and put it elsewhere.

image323.jpg

Last edited:
Everything is working great! My wife is watching her shows, and though I only got to try S.t.a.l.k.e.r. it was running very smooth. I plan on trying something a little more graphically taxing later tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for all the help.

Sooo it looks like HP may have locked the BIOS so I can't change the RAM speed and its stuck at 1066. Should I just go ahead and put the other 4gb back in too, or is there a way to unlock the BIOS?

Back
Top Bottom