Aerocool V12XT Fan Controller.

Idk, maybe you're controlling the wrong thing on the controller? I've seen people make small mistakes before without realizing it. Although, this should be rather simple.

All it says on the instructions is to plug them in, unlock it and either up the rpm or down them. but it doesn't. Maybe my fans RPM can't be changed?? :silent:

*Edit*

I think the whole thing is faulty, i can't even change the alarm temp on it. hmm..

Last edited:
Sounds like an RMA is needed. Like I said, you can control the voltage of any fan, which lowering or raising volts decreases and increases RPMs. That's exactly what the fan controller does. If it isn't doing it, then you have a faulty unit.

HERPDERP. i had to click on the RPM, (numbers) and now it adjusts them, hahahaha, i feel so stupid now xD Oh boy.. Thanks for yah help anyway PP :) lol. *facepalm*

Know any good, but cheap 120/140mm fans? my ones are only at 1,000 RPM :( my main one only goes too 2,000

That user error strikes LOL.

Good and cheap? Not really. I don't associate cheap fans with good.

Just know, that higher RPM means more noise. These fans are probably the best you can get for the money really.
120mm Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850 RPM Cooling Fan - GT-120-1850 - Scan.co.uk

Haha, yah, that darn user error. :silly: And alright. I don't mind sound, i just want my system to stay cool, still waiting for replacement bolts for my card cooler.
I will have to wait a few days/weeks before i can get new fans though. :( I have loads, but they are all 1000 rpm or less. :(

Well, more RPMs doesn't necessarily mean more flow. I have a 3000rpm Scythe Kaze in the front of my case, which pushes less air than the Scythe Kaze Ultra which also runs around 3000rpm. The GT I linked pushes way more air than the Kaze, but only runs at 1850. It's really the design and engineering of a fan that causes it to push so much air. Kind of like how diesel engines produce more torque at lower RPMs than a lot of higher RPM gas engines making more HP. If that makes sense.

Hmmm, alright then :) Would it be a good idea to hook the water cooling pump, to the fan controller? or not. This also has sensors, but i can't put it on the CPU, the one on the GPU doesn't seem to be reading either not sure where i can put it :( or any of them.

Always plug the pump directly into the PSU. If fans get shut off for whatever reason, you can see it, but you can't see (or usually) hear a pump stop. If the pump stops, your CPU will get hot REAL quick.

Hmm, i'll leave it as it is then, i have the rad fans plugged into it though, would that be okay? I'm planning on emptying the whole case, and re-doing everything as it's abit of a mess (cable management wise) have a few extensions coming Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom