Windows 7 install problem - help needed

jfenwick

Fully Optimized
Hey guys, kind of at my witts end here. I'm reformatting an existing system to add an ssd to the setup. All was working fine just 24 hours ago. Unfortunately I get the following message when I try and install Windows 7 64bit.

Windows cannot install required files. The file does not exist. Make sure all files required for installation are available and restart the installation. Error code:0x8007002.

I get the message as it tries to install the windows files, it doesn't ever get past 0%.

For the record this is a legit copy of 7 that is an .iso download from the college I teach at. It's the copy that was previously installed, worked fine last time. I've tried from 3 different discs (old and new), all with the same error message.

I've reformatted the ssd a couple of times and it tests as healthy. I'm running the system bare bones right now, just the gpu, 1 stick of ram and keyboard. Iv'e reset CMOS and really don't know what else to try now. I've googled but can't find a solution that works.

Advice?

hdd: OCZ Vertex 2 ssd
gpu: 9800gt
cpu: 3570k
mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4
Ram: 4gb g.skill (tested and fine)

Check the disk to be sure it isn't dirty or a scratch on it. You can also try another drive, some drives and be picky about the brand of disk you put in them

I'll try a different drive, I tried three different discs already, 2 that I'd burnt in the past and a fresh burn as well.

I'll try it again but I started with 2 sticks, running dual channel. Once the message started coming up I switched to a single stick, and then the swapped that out for the second stick as well.

Did you verify the checksum for the file you downloaded compared to that on the one on the Microsoft site? It has to of been through MSDN or TechNET, and I know they offer checksum on their site. So that would be something to verify as well.

How did you test the RAM? Was it in this mobo using MemTest?

Back
Top Bottom