3770k vs 4770 z77 vs 87 motherboard?

I know you said you will be extracting large files and video editing, but while editing 1080p content in Vegas Pro 12 I have never exceeded a total RAM consumption of 16GB. Not even close.

I too have a Microcenter store in my state but it's like a two hour drive, I'd really have to purchase a lot to justify the time and gas. I do admit Microcenter has got the best prices on cpu's, but they raise the prices on other items to make up for it. NCIX has got the best prices I've seen for hard drives. Newegg has got better prices on motherboards and Amazon is all over the place as far as I can tell. Most pc parts from Wally World are on line only plus you need to throw in some ship charges on some items and there's always taxes to add in on local items. I got my modem at Best buy.
Newegg had a Motorola SB6141 modem on sale for $75. and Best buy had it for $109. I asked for a price match and they did although I had to tell the cashier how to figure the price with taxes included because Newegg did not charge taxes. Although I despise Best buy, in a pinch they are local and they will price match

I got my 6580 from Walmart since I don't really have a way of buying things online right now. They have it for 138 online but I only paid 109 for it. Funny thing, the way it's looking I probably won't ever use it again.

Microcenter is too far from me to really justify going there to buy things unless I'm at my friends house. Fry's is much closer, but the store closest to me says they have things in stock, but never put **** on their shelves.

microcenter got a combo sale asus Sabertooth Z87 and 4770k for $494
what you guys think about that motherboard?

over priced and over featured. you dont need a board like that...

my reccomendation is the MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming motherboard

Back
Top Bottom