3770k vs 4770 z77 vs 87 motherboard?

found a microcenter not too far from me
thinking about doing some shopping tomorrow

so you guys sure best thing is to get 4770k over 3770k?
and which motherboard should i go with?
im not a big gamer but i will be using the computer for games
extracting large files and video editing
Yes, the 4770k is a good 10% overall better than the 3770k at the minimum.

Well, go with whatever bundle deal they might have with a Z87 board. You can typically get good deals that way.

if you buy a Z87 board and a 4770K you get $40 off. not to mention their 4770K is usually 30% cheaper than on NewEgg.

i saved like $190 buying my motherboard and processor from microcenter as opposed to on newegg or Frys.

i love micro center

if you buy a Z87 board and a 4770K you get $40 off. not to mention their 4770K is usually 30% cheaper than on NewEgg.

i saved like $190 buying my motherboard and processor from microcenter as opposed to on newegg or Frys.

i love micro center

wow how? were they used? I always thought online was cheapest!
time to google microcenter in my area!

wow 280 for an intel i7 4770K, its $340 on newegg

Last edited:
They suck, things are marked up soooooo much. Back when I made my PC I had forgotten some sata cables and a mini hdmi.
sata cables were $20 in best buy and radioshack, and HDMI's were about $40 average(micro hdmi's). I also saw some ram for sale, it was $80, that was when ram was on average 35-45$ for 8 gb.

on amazon i got a mini hdmi for $6, and 3 sata 6 cables for 5$

Last edited:
Best Buy either direction is 30 minutes from me, Walmart is 20 minutes from me, Microcenter is an hour + from me, yea....

Microcenter realized their direct competition is Newegg so they started selling top end parts cheaper. Although, their selection of motherboards here in my area is rather lame.

I live in Claremont, the nearest MicroCenter from me is about 50 miles away in Torrance. Their selection of everything at that one is awesome, they have a TON of everything.

The only thing i hate about Microcenter is that no one that works there knows how to answer a phone.

wow how? were they used? I always thought online was cheapest!
time to google microcenter in my area!

wow 280 for an intel i7 4770K, its $340 on newegg

Not to mention if you buy a mobo and cpu together at the same time you get a $40 discount. Plus, motherboards at micro center are usually $10 - $30 cheaper than anywhere online.

Back
Top Bottom