Need Prebuilt Gaming Desktop

wsasnoob

Beta member
So I'm heading back to school this week and I need something that can handle most games at high settings. It can be a laptop or a desktop, I really have no preference, but I'd like to keep it under $2500. I'll be using my Asus PB278Q WQHD monitor with it so please keep that in mind when making suggestions. The games I'll be playing are Crysis 3, Battlefield 3 and 4, Skyrim Online, Titanfall, and the new Batman game Arkham Origins. I've heard a couple of guys around campus talking about this company right here: KommandoComputers.com and that one of them bought a desktop from them and was pretty happy with it, so my question is should I go with them, or stick to something like Alienware? Any help is appreciated.

Honestly, neither. For a budget like that, you're looking at top of the line parts if you simply build it yourself. It's not hard, and the parts will get to your house in about 3-5 days. After that, it'll take a few hours to assemble and you're flying.

Pre-built markup isn't worth the convenience. Seriously.

Would building your own be an option at all for you? I assure you with a $2500 budget, you can probably blow any PC built using pre-built sites away and more than likely play at very high or max settings with the money you would save from inflated prices. May not even need to spend as much as your limit even.

There are plenty of video and youtube tutorials out there than do step-by-step walk through on what to do and this site has helped numerous people with tips and troubleshooting to get you going.

edit: Ninja'd by PP =(

edit x2: Hello and welcome by the way.

Thanks for the welcome to the site! I've never attempted to build one before and with all the moving going on right now I just need the simplicity of ordering it and having everything delivered and ready to go. I know that one day I'll take that step and build my own, but I'd really like to get something prebuilt for right now, that way I can focus all my time on school. Any suggestions?

cyber.png

1333! Really, cyberpower? See that's just one reason why building your own's better. You don't have to deal with manufacturers skimping on parts to save money.

cyber.png

1333! Really, cyberpower? See that's just one reason why building your own's better. You don't have to deal with manufacturers skimping on parts to save money.
I agree, but 1333 vs 1600 isn't that big of an issue.

I'm wondering what kind of **** PSU is in that thing.

I'm also wondering if the SSD is a Samsung 840. Firmware issues with that thing.

Back
Top Bottom