Computer trouble, help

MalthaZar

Beta member
Hello, everyone

For a few months now, my computer has been unable to play games -- when I load a game, the game will run in spurts, and I will have a crippling frame rate.

Today, I received the graphics card I bought from Newegg, which I thought would fix the problem. But, after installing the graphics card, downloading the drivers and loading a game, I experienced the same problem I had before, with my other graphics card.

At this point, I don't think the problem is my graphics card. Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be, and any steps I can take? Feel free to ask questions; I might not have provided enough information.

Thanks

Hello, everyone

For a few months now, my computer has been unable to play games -- when I load a game, the game will run in spurts, and I will have a crippling frame rate.

Today, I received the graphics card I bought from Newegg, which I thought would fix the problem. But, after installing the graphics card, downloading the drivers and loading a game, I experienced the same problem I had before, with my other graphics card.

At this point, I don't think the problem is my graphics card. Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be, and any steps I can take? Feel free to ask questions; I might not have provided enough information.

Thanks

First we need abit more information to troubleshoot what is going on with your machine.

What os are you currently running ?
Is this computer prebuilt or a custom built machine ?
Also does your computer lag much even without you playing any type of games ?
What graphics card do you have currently ?

Hey, MMike

Thanks for the reply.

I am running Windows 7 64-bit.

I put my computer together after I bought all the parts from Newegg.

The computer lags from time to time when I'm not playing video games, but when I do load up any vaguely graphically intensive video game my computer will lag.

My graphics card is a Radeon HD 6770. I included a screenshot
jic2uw.jpg
of all my computer parts.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom