Pentium Finally Fights Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree with Nubius, I am using Intel and Ati atm b/c when I purchased them they were both the best of their class, or so I thought. Now AMD is better than Intel as far as gaming is concerned and nVidia's cards are better than Ati. So i'm going from Intel-Ati to AMD-nVidia. You can't label a chip with a card. And for the record, Ati was my first love and I am hoping it comes out with a card that kills nVidia's, but atm it's not looking good. So i'm totally unbiased about any of these 4 companies.

Well I'll just tell you honestly, I like AMD and I like nvidia, I don't know as much about Intel and ATI besides the fact that Intel are marketing whores, and ATI seems to have a lot of driver problems on first releases. Other than that I know very little about them so I don't talk crap on companies that I have rarely used and know little about. To each and his own ;)

I don't no how you could rate ATI along with AMD, or Intel with nVidia...?

Both are running on the same agp 8x slot...

Nubius said:
Ehh, both are pointless. We aren't in a 64bit environment, so I really don't care, and all this with the AMD64's is getting out of hand. People are asking for budget computers for the grandmas and people will suggest "AMD64 SOCKET 939 with 6800GT!!" and it's just pointless. Until we get a 64bit OS which won't be until like 2006, then AMD64's aren't really anything to be that excited about. IMO it's just an expensive ass piece of hardware mainly for bragging rights, more than it is actual usefulness. I put together a 64 system with the 3500+ 64, MSI Neo2-Platinum board 1gb of high performance RAM, and the main reason his computer was faster was because of his 1gb of high performance RAM compared to my 156mb of PC2700

AMD64 = Overrated and I'm an AMD Loyal Fan, as I really don't like Intel for the most part (doesn't have anything to do with actual abilities of the processor, I simply like AMD company more )

I think people need to stop getting so hung up these 64's and focus on what is actually needed to accomplish whatever task you need

lmfao @ "People are asking for budget computers for the grandmas and people will suggest "AMD64 SOCKET 939 with 6800GT!!" its so true, and yet so funny lol

well the way i see it is this, the main thing that gives the 64's the boost is the integrated FSB, and memory controller being so advanced, even though this is supposedly the reason they are so expensive... however the benchmarks show time and time again in similiar configured comps AMD delivers on games, especially for the price.. dont flame me for the truth, check benchmarks everywhere and PRICE the systems they use. then please come back and tell me where bang/buck meets maximum efficiency...

i think intel has its uses, even tho they are beginning to lag in the server war they have always been strong there and i could easily see them taking the lead again, and in most editting/application situations they will outperform comparable AMD systems, even though AMD is catching up on this phase due to the memory controller on chip...

lets just all agree to disagree, and say that we are happy to have a competitive market?

EDIT: finished reading all the benchmarks thoroughly... and...

LINK Still, AMD is in the catbird seat when it comes to raw performance, while Intel is currently leading in terms of platform technologies. As new PCI Express motherboards from AMD arrive on the scene by year's end, even that advantage may be ephemeral.

also want to point to the AMD beating intel in all the cpu tests, and everything that isnt a directly graphics card test... link1 link2

let me just say that I like all 4 companies; AMD, Intel, ATI and Nvidia
they are all very competitive and will give a lot of fps in games, and they have their cheap solutions (Semprons and Celerons, 5200's and 9200's) so that the "grandmas who use email" (do grandmas usually use email?) can easily get a PC that will do their job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom