Desktop pc won't start, 4 beeps then shuts down

Riffnugget

Beta member
Hi, I'm usually good with repairing computers but this problem is beyond me and I have no idea what to do.

Last night I was gaming as usual playing GTA IV on my pc, after I had finished I shut down the computer and went to bed. This morning, I switched on my computer and it had 4 short beeps and about 4 - 5 seconds later it shuts off, then powers on again and keeps repeating this cycle, not getting anywhere or booting up. I opened the case and 'reseated' the RAM and it still does it.

If I am not being clear then I can record and post up a video of it if it helps...
My specs are

CPU - Intel Core i7 3770 3.4Ghz
Motherboard - Asrock H77m
Graphics - Gainward GTX-670 2gb

Hopefully thats enough info on my system..
Temperatures were normal last time I checked, which was a few days ago. I don't feel like taking it to a pc repair shop because I know they will charge me alot. I spent alot of money on this system and it's weird that all of a sudden it just dies on me.
If anybody can help, it would be very appreciated. Thanks

Most likely ur experiencing a power supply issue, its more hardware than software...please get ur power unit checked

Hi, I'm usually good with repairing computers but this problem is beyond me and I have no idea what to do.

Last night I was gaming as usual playing GTA IV on my pc, after I had finished I shut down the computer and went to bed. This morning, I switched on my computer and it had 4 short beeps and about 4 - 5 seconds later it shuts off, then powers on again and keeps repeating this cycle, not getting anywhere or booting up. I opened the case and 'reseated' the RAM and it still does it.

CPU - Intel Core i7 3770 3.4Ghz
Motherboard - Asrock H77m
Graphics - Gainward GTX-670 2gb

You may have a ram problem, try getting some new memory and see if that resolves the issue.
If not consider getting your motherboard check out for any problems at a local computer shop.

1+ on the memory problem.
You can run MemTest 86+ to check the status of the memory, and any errors at all means you will need to replace the memory. Be sure to check only one module at a time. A large percentage of memory manufactures offer a life time warranty, just need to cough up the ship charges.

MemTest 86+
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Last edited:
+2 to the memory problem.

Sometimes you can even figure out which module is faulty without running MemTest.
Using 1 module at a time, like JoeC said, determine which one(s) prevent(s) the computer from posting.

Thanks for the replys, it actually started up fine a couple of times after leaving the computer off for about 8 hours, although I really suspect it'll happen again. I'll try memtest and test for problems.. I should look into buying new ram aswell. Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom