Your CPU and modern games: A guide to those building.

Yea because as of next year there will be a new gen of Intel and AMD CPUs but in all honesty CPU and RAM requirements for games wont change at all until the game engines themselves start utilizing the extra resources. That wont happen until the consoles upgrade so a cheap ass i3 530 would be perfectly fine for games for the next 2-3 or maybe even more years. As indicated, even a 6000+ which came out 6 years ago can still play today's games.

So true, I really don't think about processing power or memory when buying games. Most game engines will work on a quad core.

I'm pleased to add another higher wattage recommendation to the PSU table.

The eVGA SuperNOVA G2 series. NOT the Nex. The 1000w and 1300w G2 both get superb praise from the guru.

Would anybody be interested in a newer game lineup comparison between dual core, dual core with HT, quad core, quad core with HT, and hex?

Games I'm thinking of are Crysis 3, Metro: Last Light, Company Of Heroes 2, Sleeping Dogs, Final Fantasy XIV ARR, Shogun 2 and any requests if I have the game.

No, there are other sites more dedicated to that.
I know you are a oc nut on the matter but in this subject I personally wouldn't recommend that.

No, there are other sites more dedicated to that.
I know you are a oc nut on the matter but in this subject I personally wouldn't recommend that.

Actually, there isn't. There is no one site that specifically conducts gaming on a wide spectrum of CPUs like that. If there was, I wouldn't have to tell people how an i3 is perfectly fine for gaming. Googling benchmarks here and there will only get you multitasking performance and not a whole lot of info specifically pertaining to games. Even more specifically, top end games.

OCing has nothing to do with it, as I would be mimicking the clocks of specific CPUs as since cache is disabled per core being disabled it's a good indication of actual results.

Actually, there isn't. There is no one site that specifically conducts gaming on a wide spectrum of CPUs like that. If there was, I wouldn't have to tell people how an i3 is perfectly fine for gaming. Googling benchmarks here and there will only get you multitasking performance and not a whole lot of info specifically pertaining to games. Even more specifically, top end games.

OCing has nothing to do with it, as I would be mimicking the clocks of specific CPUs as since cache is disabled per core being disabled it's a good indication of actual results.

I'll say it again there are other sites who are more geared to comparing and contrasting then you are.
Also yes there are many cpu's out there including gpu's.
If people have questions reguarding which cpu or gpu to get let them ask and someone will help them out.

No need to do what you are thinking. :|

Again, no, there isn't. Please, for the sake of science, link at least ONE site that has a broad spectrum of modern games benchmarked on several CPUs with a single GPU being the common denominator for an actual average between the lot. There isn't one.

Not sure why you're responding here anyways. This thread, and specifically the question was not geared for you or the experienced users on the forum.

Edit: Also, not sure how you're saying I'm not geared for it. I'm properly geared for exactly what I was saying I was going to do.

Last edited:
Again, no, there isn't. Please, for the sake of science, link at least ONE site that has a broad spectrum of modern games benchmarked on several CPUs with a single GPU being the common denominator for an actual average between the lot. There isn't one.

Edit: Also, not sure how you're saying I'm not geared for it. I'm properly geared for exactly what I was saying I was going to do.

Alright smart mouth here are the links you wanted.
Go ahead and do what you want to do I'll see you later.
https://www.google.com/search?q=com...ab8bee5ba&q=gaming+computer+comparison+forums

https://www.google.com/search?q=com...6912cc0ab8bee5ba&q=computer+comparison+forums

Back
Top Bottom