my 760 is crashing my computer

Pegasus88

Baseband Member
So I just got my new gigabyte 760, I installed it and all the drivers, I noticed that windows wouldnt recognize the card, then it started crashing constantly untill I took the card out. It was saying on the crash screen IRQL_NOT_EQUAL_OR_LESS, please help this is driving me crazy I just bought a $320 paper weight

What error code?

Also, did you remove the drivers for your old video card?
Go through with a driver cleaner like this one:
Guru3D - Driver Sweeper

and remove them and try downloading and installing the new ones again

first video card on this system
it didnt give my me an error code but it says there is a problem in the registry

Intel 4670k, MSI Z87-GD65, Gskill sniper 1866mhz memory, Samsung 840 SSD, Seasonic X 750w, Windows 8 64bit

Have you tried to boot into safe mode and see if it crashes there?

have you tried all the PCIe slots as well?

I'm thinking it might be a PSU issue, but it's has more than enough power to handle it. check the connecitons?

Is it a GTX 760? The lastest driver updates for the Nvidia cards have been negative with many reporting PC crashing with the last two driver update. I suggest finding one of the very early drivers (since 760 drivers aren't many since it is a new card....right?) and test it with that.

This is just a thought of what it could be since I have had trouble with a gtx 660 driver playing BF3 correctly and been keeping tabs on the updates released hoping to be able to jump back into BF3. But I keep reading comments of people's PC's crashing and such with the newer updates. thought i would share ^_^

it appears to be a windows issue, I installed the drivers of the disk and my other software (lucid MVP 2, Geforce experience) couldn't detect the card, I checked device manager and there was a little caution triangle by the video adapter saying something about a registry error, I cant check anymore because it just crashes the computer befor i can get to it

Back
Top Bottom