New gaming laptop

xerolen said:
I didn't say I knew everything on the subject I'm just saying I'm not one for intel. I've always hated the integrated gpus they made never found one with a decent amount of power.
You know, technically, the gpu's in those AMD machines are still integrated.

I don't like referbs because I've had to send to many back before. Also in the most likely hood I'll be going with the first one. I could play a lot of high end games before on my laptop such as, bioshock infinite, mw3, Crysis 3, FalloutNV, AVP and more. Also I'm not to big a fan of intel systems. They run too hot for my tastes. Also the thickness of the computer is irrelevant to me when it comes down to it I preferred the design of the old DELL XPS Inspiron systems where they were as thick as a brick to the ultra book design of today.

I can just about max out Skyrim, and play BF3 on pretty high settings. Both of my laptops were either used or refurb'd. You just have to research what you're getting / any potential problems that laptop has, etc. Just like buying a new one.

You know, technically, the gpu's in those AMD machines are still integrated.

I think he means the integrated Intel HD series specifically, not integrated in general :p.

I don't like referbs because I've had to send to many back before. Also in the most likely hood I'll be going with the first one. I could play a lot of high end games before on my laptop such as, bioshock infinite, mw3, Crysis 3, FalloutNV, AVP and more. Also I'm not to big a fan of intel systems. They run too hot for my tastes. Also the thickness of the computer is irrelevant to me when it comes down to it I preferred the design of the old DELL XPS Inspiron systems where they were as thick as a brick to the ultra book design of today.
Just going to point out, that any 2nd, 3rd, or 4th gen Intel laptop is going to run much cooler than any AMD counterpart. Especially an APU.

Otherwise, you have my opinion on the matter.

YevRag35 Yes I understand they are still integrated but a couple do have Dedicated VRAM and that's what I'm looking for. Also the Acer Aspire V5-552G-8632 does have an actual dedicated card along with the integrated of the APU. But before you continue PP Mguire is Right in that I just don't like the intel HD Series or as they used to be all called intel GMA. I was though rather impressed when I didn't have a computer to use that I could still play some of my games at a nice Resolution on a Intel HD 3000 in my mothers laptop that she let me borrow till I got another computer a while ago. PP Mguire just look at me as another AMD fanboy ok? When it comes to laptops that's what I like and there is no changing that. In desktops I float around but do enjoy my i core series CPUs I have and my Precious Xeons I have. And over the whole used/referb Vs New I just have had to many bad experiences with referbs where the previous owner had broken it and sent it back so the company had 'Refurbished' it to factory specs and resold it. When I have bought referb I have had to send them back because they would die a lot faster than my new ones.

Last edited:
Ok so PP Mguire I just had a friend suggest a laptop... It's a referb from newegg but he apparently got one a few months ago and he loves it so I may just give it a shot... It is bad ass when it comes to just about all the specs. You win unless I can find something better for the price I guess I'm getting it.

Newegg.com - Refurbished: HP ENVY dv7 DV7-7259NR Intel Core i7 8GB Memory 750GB HDD 17.3" Notebook Windows 8 64-bit

Looks like a fairly weak GPU in it. Otherwise specs look nice.

In that case I may just go with the Acer Aspire V5-552G-8632 just because of the GPU and the fact that if I get the envy I would be over budget by $60 since I wasn't paying attention to when my Xbox live subscription Needed to be renewed...

Back
Top Bottom