New gaming laptop

xerolen

In Runtime
So I was on my lunch break at work and spilled a half cup of coffee on my laptop. It shorted and no longer works. I need suggestions for a laptop with the best bang for my buck for gaming with a budget of $600. Any suggestions? Also I do not want anything that is 13" or smaller for screen size but if the deal is nice enough I just may. Any help?

If you're not against, used or refurbished... Look into those available locally or on Newegg / eBay.

I got my old Asus G73 (fiance has it now) for $760, and I got my current MSI GT780DX for the same.

If you're not against, used or refurbished... Look into those available locally or on Newegg / eBay.

I got my old Asus G73 (fiance has it now) for $760, and I got my current MSI GT780DX for the same.
+1

For 600 bucks in a laptop you're not going to get much. Might as well start looking at used.

I just recomended this laptop to a friend of mine who was looking for a laptop in the same price range as you.

i think its a pretty sweet laptop.

15.5" 1080P screen
3rd gen i5 processor
6 gigs of ram
windows 8
750gig hdd
under an inch thick
intel 4000 graphics

This isnt really a gaming laptop, for $600 you arent going to get close to anything new that is considered " gaming ". But with this laptop you would be able to play older games like Battle field 2, COD4, GTA san andreas and things like that with no problem...

Newegg.com - SONY VAIO F Series SVF15214CXB Intel Core i5 6GB Memory 750GB HDD 15.5" Notebook Windows 8 64-Bit

Ok to start off. I don't want used or Referb. I don't want any crappy intel HD and the last one I bought was a Lenovo Z575-12992AU specs were as follows

AMD A8-3500m Quad core 1.5Ghz CPU
Radeon HD 6620M GPU
8GB DDR3 1333 RAM
750Gb 7200 RPM HDD
15.5" Display
1366x768 Resolution
Lenovo IdeaPad Z575 (12992AU) AMD A-Series 4GB Memory 750GB HDD 15.6" Notebook Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit - Newegg.com

Upgraded at a total of $530 From Newegg. $480 Laptop price then $50 in another 4Gb of RAM and I had a spare 750 lying around to go from 5400 RPM to 7200 RPM.

I found these

Newegg.com - Acer Aspire V5-552G-8632 AMD A-Series 4GB Memory 500GB HDD 15.6" Notebook Windows 8 64-Bit
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834216461
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834312828
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834215663

And to Sean w. why would I buy a Dual core i5 at only 1.8Ghz? That laptop is no more than an expensive paper weight compared to my old Z575.

Last edited:
I could play just about anything on my old laptop with some tweaks but even then I could still play the newest games and not just MW1 or simple games like that. I was able to play ME3 on Max on my Z575 when it was still alive. But now the Mother Board is dead. I can still Play games on my Gaming Desktop but I want something that can travel with me when I want to game on the go.

Because the i5 dual core smacks the snot around on those low powered APUs. The only thing the APUs have on the i5 is the extra GPU power, but even then not much. Also, ME3 utilizes the same Unreal Engine that a ton of other low graphics games use. Not much to speak on.

Idk, all the laptops you linked are relatively low powered, but at least the first one you linked is more powerful than the one you had, so there's a start.

Not sure why so many people are so against refurbs. In laptop land, they are basically the stuff that was sent back because it didn't do what the person wanted or they found something better. To each their own I suppose.

I don't like referbs because I've had to send to many back before. Also in the most likely hood I'll be going with the first one. I could play a lot of high end games before on my laptop such as, bioshock infinite, mw3, Crysis 3, FalloutNV, AVP and more. Also I'm not to big a fan of intel systems. They run too hot for my tastes. Also the thickness of the computer is irrelevant to me when it comes down to it I preferred the design of the old DELL XPS Inspiron systems where they were as thick as a brick to the ultra book design of today.

Last edited:
Ok to start off. I don't want used or Referb. I don't want any crappy intel HD and the last one I bought was a Lenovo Z575-12992AU specs were as follows

AMD A8-3500m Quad core 1.5Ghz CPU
Radeon HD 6620M GPU
8GB DDR3 1333 RAM
750Gb 7200 RPM HDD
15.5" Display
1366x768 Resolution
Lenovo IdeaPad Z575 (12992AU) AMD A-Series 4GB Memory 750GB HDD 15.6" Notebook Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit - Newegg.com

Upgraded at a total of $530 From Newegg. $480 Laptop price then $50 in another 4Gb of RAM and I had a spare 750 lying around to go from 5400 RPM to 7200 RPM.

I found these

Newegg.com - Acer Aspire V5-552G-8632 AMD A-Series 4GB Memory 500GB HDD 15.6" Notebook Windows 8 64-Bit
Newegg.com - TOSHIBA Satellite S955D-S5150 AMD A-Series 8GB Memory 1TB HDD 15.6" Notebook Windows 8
Newegg.com - Lenovo G505s (59373006) AMD A-Series 4GB Memory 500GB HDD 15.6" Notebook Windows 8
Acer Aspire V3-551G-8454 15.6" Notebook - Newegg.com

And to Sean w. why would I buy a Dual core i5 at only 1.8Ghz? That laptop is no more than an expensive paper weight compared to my old Z575.

Apparently you know everything on this subject, why are you even here?

buy what ever you want

I will say this tho, only so i can say i told you so when you buy one of the crap laptops you linked and come back crying to here saying that its not good enough to play any games, the laptop i linked is better than all of those...

but good luck, enjoy your crap laptop...

Last edited:
I didn't say I knew everything on the subject I'm just saying I'm not one for intel. I've always hated the integrated gpus they made never found one with a decent amount of power. And my laptop used to be able to play my games so I'm willing to take a chance on one with similar yet upgraded specs. When it comes down to it personal preference is what takes the cake in any choice. I wasn't trying to be an ass sean I just see that laptop as an over expensive paper weight. I have also been informed I only have $550 to play with instead of $600 thanks to a bill that I have just received online. And sean try not to be an ass to people you think are below you. You may just get what you deserve one day. And now I bid you a fond farewell good sir.

Back
Top Bottom