CASE - Fractal Define R4
CPU - Intel 4670k
MOBO - MSI Z87-GD65
MEMORY - 2 X 4GB G skill sniper 1866mhz
PSU - Seasonic SS750KM 750w
SSD - Samsung 840 250GB
OPTICAL - Asus 24x DVDRW
OS - Windows 8 64bit
GPU - Intel HD 4600 (Gigabyte GTX 760 1150mhz 4GB is still in the mail)
MONITOR - Asus VE248H 24"

I'd like to thank all of those on this forum that help me learn and pick out the right parts so I didn't screw this up, you guys help out allot

Last edited:
looks like a really solid build! you are going to love it! save up and buy your self another 760 in a couple months and you will be able to beast through any game! Congrats!

Eh, not really necessary unless you plan on keeping the rig well over 3 years or so all the same. Single 760 should blow through anything right now and for a while.

Eh, not really necessary unless you plan on keeping the rig well over 3 years or so all the same. Single 760 should blow through anything right now and for a while.

Especially at 1080P.

Ever since i got a 1440P monitor im always forgetting that the majority of people still play in 1080p.

It'll be that way until 4k takes over with cheaper prices. WQHD is really an odd resolution restricted to 27" panels and most want 21-24. Sort of like the 21:9 ultra wide.

That is still a long way off. 4K monitor prices may drop to a reasonable price ( $400+-) but the price for the amount of GPU processing power it would take to be able run a 4K resolution smoothly is still a long way off. A 4K monitor would bring my graphics card to its knees, even on a relatively dated game like BF3. There is no way my system could run any modern title at playable fps ( especially in fight scenes ).

Yea, and that argument is the biggest crock of crap ever too. PC 4k isn't anything close to actual Cinematic 4k, and that 4k itself is only barely bigger than 1440p or 1600p. 2 2GB 680s, and 2 7970s tackle 3 monitor 1080p easily. Up the VRAM on current gen and you are good to go on a 4k monitor. Then take into consideration that by the time 4k pricing comes down to a reasonable consumer median we will be 2-3 generations further in graphics horsepower.

As I try to tell people, try to remember that 2560x1600 has been around for quite a while. When running even 2 580s on games other than Crysis 3 and modded Skyrim I could downsample 2560x1600 rather easily. 2560x1600 isn't that far off from 3840x2160. And when you think about it, 2560x1600 has been the enthusiast "norm" since the 8800GTX came out which can barely push Crysis 2 these days. (disregarding Eyefinity and Surround which is much higher horizontal resolution and has been done for almost as long)

We have plenty of horsepower at our disposal, it's a case of it really isn't being used. To iterate further by that, I mean not really being used "properly".
All that being said, 1080p will stick around for quite a while, and something like a 4GB 760 will be a pretty damn good for at the minimum 2 years.

Now what our current hardware absolutely cannot do without being tortured, is 4k Surround. That's lol worthy.

Back
Top Bottom