Gaming build, need help

I'm terribly sorry for your loss and extremely grateful that you took the time to help me out despite the turmoil you must be going through right now. I thank you for your help and will wait for any revisions before i make any purchases but by all means do not rush yourself m8. Again, i'm very sorry for your loss and extrememly grateful for your help. You appear to me to be a kind and selfless person willing to help out others and i'm sure your uncle would be proud of you.

I think i would prefer to buy it on Amazon because i purchase a lot from there and have a Prime membership and get free 2 day shipping. I am also already familiar with there return policies. I was able to find all of these parts on Amazon except for the motherboard and case. If it's not too much trouble could you find me a compatable motherboard and case on amazon that is eligable for Prime shipping. (It will have Prime in blue text next to the displayed price)

If you don't mind the mATX version (same thing, just smaller board) then this is Prime.
Amazon.com: ASRock DDR3 2400 Intel - LGA 1155 Motherboards (Z77 EXTREME4-M): Computers & Accessories

The 300r is Prime as well.
http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Carbi...8&qid=1376790888&sr=8-2&keywords=corsair+200r

To the last post, thanks for the kind words. PCs and the forums kept my mind busy when my dad passed on, and I'm just trying to do the same thing. I had a friend look over the post for me and it's all good, the parts that is. Although, Amazon might wind up costing you a bit more price wise, but if at all possible I would try to stick to the exact parts.

If you don't like that case I can find another you may like, but cases are pretty personal preference. You can also find one if you like. Just take note that there are poor quality cases out there, and a ton of them.

Thank you m8. I know how comforting a forum can be and the friendships you develop from them. It's a good place to pass a few minutes or delve into deeper discussions. I think i will purchase from Amazon simply because i use it a lot and i get free 2 day shipping and the return policy is simple, easy and usually free. It actually did not end up being more expensive. The total price including the motherboard and case you just suggested totals 1,813.72 with free 2 day shipping.

As far as the motherboard is concerned would i be better of getting the one you origonally suggested through newegg and pay for quicker shipping. Aka would the smaller version available through amazon not perform as well?

I am pretty sure all the parts i found were the exact same ones you linked to on newegg with an exception of the motherboard and case.

Amazon.com: ASRock DDR3 2400 Intel - LGA 1155 Motherboards (Z77 EXTREME4-M): Computers & Accessories

Amazon.com: Corsair Carbide Series Black 300R Mid-Tower Computer Case (CC-9011014-WW): Computers & Accessories

Amazon.com: Windows 8 Professional System Builder OEM DVD 64-Bit: Software

Amazon.com: SeaSonic 650-Watt ATX12V/EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Active PFC Power Supply SSR-650RM: Computers & Accessories

Amazon.com: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB HDD SATA 6 Gb/s NCQ 64MB Cache 3.5-Inch Internal Bare Drive ST1000DM003: Electronics

Amazon.com: Corsair Neutron Series GTX 2.5-Inch 240GB 6Gb/s SATA 3 Exclusive LAMD LM87800 Toggle SSD CSSD-N240GBGTXB-BK: Computers & Accessories

Amazon.com: EVGA GeForce GTX780 3GB GDDR5 384bit, Dual-Link DVI-I, DVI-D, HDMI,DP, SLI Ready Graphics Card (03G-P4-2781-KR): Computers & Accessories

Amazon.com: Patriot Viper 3 Series DDR3 16GB 1600MHz (PC3 12800) Memory Kit PV316G160C0K: Computers & Accessories

Amazon.com: Intel Core i7-4770K Quad-Core Desktop Processor 3.5 GHZ 8 MB Cache BX80646I74770K: Computers & Accessories

Thank you m8. I know how comforting a forum can be and the friendships you develop from them. It's a good place to pass a few minutes or delve into deeper discussions. I think i will purchase from Amazon simply because i use it a lot and i get free 2 day shipping and the return policy is simple, easy and usually free. It actually did not end up being more expensive. The total price including the motherboard and case you just suggested totals 1,813.72 with free 2 day shipping.

As far as the motherboard is concerned would i be better of getting the one you origonally suggested through newegg and pay for quicker shipping. Aka would the smaller version available through amazon not perform as well?

I am pretty sure all the parts i found were the exact same ones you linked to on newegg with an exception of the motherboard and case. I had made a post with links to all the parts but i am waiting for moderator approval. But when it is approved you can double check if you want. i am pretty sure i found the exact same parts though.

Thank you m8. I think i am almost ready to to start this build. One last question though :-D If i wanted to spend a bit more money on the motherboard what would you suggest that would still be compatable with the rest of the build. The reason i ask is that i posted this build on a gaming forum i frequent and a user posted "Seriously though, with that budget, I'd get a better mobo. Not that Asrock mobos are bad in general, just that the Extreme 4 is a little down the totem pole."

Really, complete and utter BS honestly. People just consider them the "daughter" company to Asus, but they are completely apart now and make way better budget boards. Not using budget in the sense of "lower grade" but higher end boards for cheaper.

Also, unless you have the need for extreme OCs (LN2, DICE, Phase), the need for like 10 SATA, or like 4 PCI-E slots there isn't a reason in the world to have an expensive board. Like I used to explain to people in the Ivy Bridge days a 100 dollar ASRock Z77 Extreme3 will do everything a more expensive 200 dollar motherboard will do. The same typical 4.5 or 4.6GHz overclocks, utilize SLI and Tri-SLI / Crossfire, same amounts of same speed RAM, ect.

So in that instance, if you have more cash to put somewhere, then I suggest investing in maybe a slightly better cooling solution for the CPU like a small Corsair H60, or maybe a 2TB HDD like the Seagate Barracuda, or you can get a more expensive case like a HAF X, or Corsair Obsidian 650D, Cooler Master Scout 2, or whatever suites your fancy.

Back on the motherboard deal, to prove it to you look at my rig. 1000 dollar CPU, right? The only reason I have the Extreme6 is because the Extreme3 didn't have 8 DIMM slots which I needed to review this RAM kit.

Edit: Oh yea, MSI, ASRock, and Asus all go back and forth on the OCing world records too. Lately the ASRock OC Formula held it for a long time. I believe recently outdone on a retail 4770k with an MSI Gaming.

Last edited:
Thank you m8. That is why i am using this forum to get a suggested build and not the gaming forum in question. I will stick with your origonal suggestions but i am still torn on what to get. It is either the extreme4 through newegg with 8$ 3 day shipping so it would arrive around the same time as the rest of the parts or the mATX extreme4 or the Asus z87 through amazon.

Which of the 3 options would you suggest?

If I was a patient man, and since I hate the poop yellow of the current Asus line, it would for sure be the Extreme4 off Newegg. Although, either option you go with will be fine.

One thing I forgot to mention in the previous post. Nothing in any of these motherboards (that includes the stupid expensive ones too) will change your actual performance on a bone stock machine. You can buy the lowest grade ASRock B85 and it would all be the same. That's why I tell people, don't spend more than you have to on motherboards these days unless you're going for extreme stuff.

Back
Top Bottom