video cards with gddr5 ram greater than 1 gig

It kind of depends on how high of graphics settings, what resolution, and how many monitors you want to play with.

It also depends on the GPU itself, because having 4GB on a GT630 is pointless, whereas having 4GB on a GTX680 can mean the difference between texture stutter and smoothness.

Simple answer, yes, on higher end cards.

Like I game and most games come in at high or ultra settings. I have a pretty good system fx6100 and 12gigs ram.

I just see a lot of builds with theses video cards with 2 to 4gb of gddr5. I have a 23.5in monitor. I dual screen time to time
The machine doesn't have anything to do with how much VRAM your card has. It only complements it, but the use only depends on the game or what exactly you're doing.

It is strongly suggested that you have 4GB if you're buying into something like a 680, 670, 760, or 770. The 780 has 3GB already, as does the 7970 although you can get higher models of the 7970 that have 6GB.

In high powered machines, simply put, the more VRAM the better.

I understand that. I know sometime s depending on system limits like ram or processor speed can limit play of games as well. Just wasn't sure if my 1gig radeon 7770 was a little low for say decent gaming rig requirements

I understand that. I know sometime s depending on system limits like ram or processor speed can limit play of games as well. Just wasn't sure if my 1gig radeon 7770 was a little low for say decent gaming rig requirements

With a modern machine, CPUs and RAM don't really limit them right now. If you have a clean machine with no background programs running even 4GB of system RAM with a fast dual core like an i3 will game perfectly. But I mean, don't slap a Titan in a rig like that, it just doesn't make sense.

As to your card, that's one of those cards where it makes no sense to have a higher amount of VRAM. The GPU itself simply doesn't have the horsepower to even push a game that would break 1.5GB of VRAM.

Back
Top Bottom