nVidia FX 5700 Any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

meepins

In Runtime
I know this is not a decent nor a top-line video card but I'm only looking to get this card because I can't wait till I get my new computer (in 6 months). I'm only going to spend about 100-200 Canadian dollars which is about 75-140 dollars USD.
Im wondering if FX5700 series are any good in running (HL2, WoW, Doom3) I was also wondering if i should get Chintak, eVGA, or XFX. Also, LE or Ultra and 128mb or 256mb.

Thnx alot!

I would stay away from the FX 5700. It doesn't do a good job at all with Doom 3, and it plays HL2, but only in DX 8.1 mode. Instead, get an ATI Radeon 9600XT, and if you can afford it, a 9800 Pro, which is getting cheaper these days.

I'm currently running HL2 on my FX 5600 and it does a decent job. It won't run the games anywhere near the best quality without a lot of video lag, but it does still run the games.

You can run them in OpenGL, just make sure to crank down your AA and AF before running them!

I would recommend a better card, but I know where you're coming from with your budget and all. The 5700 would work ok for the games you're looking at playing.

Yes, it runs HL2, but the FX series isn't capable of running it in DX9 mode. Look it up for yourself. With an FX5700, he should be fine with Doom 3 on 800x600, Medium settings.

Do you think 6600 will be outdated by next year summer? Would it be a good idea to get 6600GT and transfer it to my new compputer when I get them next year summer?

Thanks

ya if u could add that 100 the 6600 would be able to run all those in direct x 9 which would be a big improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom