HD 5870 Temp.

Hmmm I wouldn't get that personally, but yea it should work.

Which Xeons? Yea it'll run WoW, but your GPU still holding you back. Although my 5850 ran things respectively well for its age, I was shocked at how much of a difference it was compared to the 580.

Its the E5450 processors. Im debating on getting that or something for £200. Is it possible to get a mobo/cpu/ram for that price? Because what i have now is just crashing :(

I am getting a dell precision t5400. I know they are servers right? But 2 quad core cpu's + like 16gb ram would be enough for WoW and alot of multitasking, right? :D

Also, is it possible to put it in a different case? If so, which one?

Those Xeons are pretty much the 45nm version of what you have currently. Is it possible to get all those new for 200p? Probably not. What you have currently should be plenty for WoW though. I can't imagine it needing anymore than a standard quad and a 5870.

Is it crashing due to heat of the CPU, or the GPU? Probably just need more volts on the CPU if heat isn't an issue.

Is it possible to put the workstation board in a different case? Simple answer, no.

I don't know what makes it crash, but the whole pc crashes and freezes. The GPU temp and CPU temps were fine at the time. Maybe it is my hard drive. Not too sure. :( so it isn't worth getting the dell precision t5400? I can get one for about £110-£130.

Like I said, if you're still OCed to that speed on the CPU and temps are fine then most likely you need to up the volts to the core. It's aging so its tolerance is decreasing.

It might be, if your CPU is indeed your problem. Having 2 CPUs won't really help much as IPC is still going to be lower than a first gen Core i. What all would it come with?

The CPU I have now is back to stock. What comes with the dell t5400, is 4gb ram, 160gb HD, quad core at 3ghz. I was going to out my ram etc inside it. And buying another CPU for it. And another HD.

Back
Top Bottom