First Gaming PC From Cyber Power

Hi and welcome! From reading other build threads (since I am not an expert), OverClocking doesn't help as much as actually getting a stronger GPU than most think. The GPU you chose AMD Radeon HD 7870 is about on par to a GTX 660, 660Ti according to this chart:

Graphics Card Hierarchy Chart - Best Graphics Cards For The Money: July 2013

Since your dropping quite a bit of money, you want to focus more on the GPU than anything else unless your doing something else besides gaming.

I would personally say get rid of any OC stuff (unless that's what you personally want) and focus more on that GPU.

Also, have you considered building your own PC instead? It would save you a TON by making it yourself and allow you to get a higher grade GPU.

(Someone else will probably come with a more in-depth post ^_^)

edit: Here is a thread regarding CPU's and gaming. Very informative. It also coveres HDD's and SDD's which I forgot to mention. Get an SSD, while it doesn't impact your gaming in a FPS type of way, can make game loading times much faster as well as program and boot up times.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/your-cpu-modern-games-guide-those-building-261626/index6.html

Last edited:
For 1500 bucks you could get a whole hell of a lot more than that. For starters, if you're building a gaming rig you don't want a socket 2011 rig. You can save a ton of money and get much better performance by having a 4670k vs the crappy 3820 (which is 2nd gen vs a 4th gen Core i).

Not only that, but they are trying to give you an 800w PSU for a machine that won't even take up 500w.

Again, for 1500 you should be getting much more than a 7870. A 1500 dollar rig should have at least a 4670k and a GTX770 man.

Hi and welcome! From reading other build threads (since I am not an expert), OverClocking doesn't help as much as actually getting a stronger GPU than most think. The GPU you chose AMD Radeon HD 7870 is about on par to a GTX 660, 660Ti according to this chart:

Graphics Card Hierarchy Chart - Best Graphics Cards For The Money: July 2013

Since your dropping quite a bit of money, you want to focus more on the GPU than anything else unless your doing something else besides gaming.

I would personally say get rid of any OC stuff (unless that's what you personally want) and focus more on that GPU.

Also, have you considered building your own PC instead? It would save you a TON by making it yourself and allow you to get a higher grade GPU.

(Someone else will probably come with a more in-depth post ^_^)

edit: Here is a thread regarding CPU's and gaming. Very informative. It also coveres HDD's and SDD's which I forgot to mention. Get an SSD, while it doesn't impact your gaming in a FPS type of way, can make game loading times much faster as well as program and boot up times.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/your-cpu-modern-games-guide-those-building-261626/index6.html

For 1500 bucks you could get a whole hell of a lot more than that. For starters, if you're building a gaming rig you don't want a socket 2011 rig. You can save a ton of money and get much better performance by having a 4670k vs the crappy 3820 (which is 2nd gen vs a 4th gen Core i).

Not only that, but they are trying to give you an 800w PSU for a machine that won't even take up 500w.

Again, for 1500 you should be getting much more than a 7870. A 1500 dollar rig should have at least a 4670k and a GTX770 man.

Thanks You really helped me. I think im going to buy it at newegg and build it myself. Also, I have a question, how many gpus should i need for high end gaming? Also, which gpu is the best: Nvidia or AMD

Here is 1500 bucks worth of specs that will play any game you want. I left you some wiggle room for HDD space and a case since I know not everybody likes the 200r.

Before you ask, no you don't need any aftermarket cooling for the 4670k, and yes a single 770 is plenty for 1080p gaming. Also, yes 4GB is necessary. Yes that RAM is fine, and yes 8GB is plenty for gaming currently. You can also switch to Windows 7 x64 Pro if you like as well. Roughly the same price. Also yes, that PSU is more than plenty for this setup.

CPU:
Newegg.com - Intel Core i5-4670K Haswell 3.4GHz LGA 1150 84W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics BX80646I54670K

Motherboard:
Newegg.com - ASRock Z87 Extreme4 LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

RAM:
Newegg.com - Team Dark Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory (Red Heat Spreader) Model TDRD38G1600HC9DC01

GPU:
Newegg.com - EVGA GeForce GTX 770 DUAL SuperClocked 4GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 SLI Support Video Card 04G-P4-3774-KR

PSU:
SeaSonic M12II 620 Bronze 620W ATX12V V2.3 / EPS 12V V2.91 SLI Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply - Newegg.com

Case:
Corsair Carbide Series 200R Black Steel structure with molded ABS plastic accent pieces ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Newegg.com

SSD+HDD:
Newegg.com - Corsair Neutron Series GTX 2.5" 120GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - Newegg.com

Microsoft Windows 8 Professional 64-bit (Full Version) - Newegg.com

$1378

Back
Top Bottom