This Vid Card Right Here?!

It's a great card, a 4gb version would be better though since as that has the muscle to use over 2gb VRAM.
wait for PP, that thing looks like it has PCB sag as PP has been talking about lately

EDIT: wow its at least 70 more for the extra 2GB

Last edited:
Full coverage aluminum spread with a few heatpipes in the middle, probably 6mm. With the bracket they have in the back it wouldn't be as bad as a DCU2 unit, but I wouldn't buy it still.

I agree, buy a 4GB, even if you still want that particular model.

would you say its worth the extra $70 PP?

I think if you plan on having that card for over 1 1/2 years get the 4gb model, with the settings you can run games on with that card you may be bottlenecked on some games.
here is a cheap good 4gb card Newegg.com - EVGA GeForce GTX 770 DUAL SuperClocked 4GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 SLI Support Video Card 04G-P4-3774-KR

for best quality i would go with Newegg.com - MSI Gaming N770 TF 4GD5/OC GeForce GTX 770 4GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
I was reading a review a week ago and MSI 770 did the best in alot of tests.

I personally would not buy either of those cards. The only reason the MSI might edge the rest is because it has a higher stock OC. Something others can do for themselves, but most find it's not necessary on cards like that.

Yes, the extra VRAM is necessary. You'll find that after the new consoles are out games are going to start hogging more VRAM like my copy of Skyrim does. It'll take a while but it will start to happen and the 770 will still be a very good card then. $70 isn't much. It used to be 100+ for extra VRAM versions of high end cards.

I personally would not buy either of those cards. The only reason the MSI might edge the rest is because it has a higher stock OC. Something others can do for themselves, but most find it's not necessary on cards like that.

Yes, the extra VRAM is necessary. You'll find that after the new consoles are out games are going to start hogging more VRAM like my copy of Skyrim does. It'll take a while but it will start to happen and the 770 will still be a very good card then. $70 isn't much. It used to be 100+ for extra VRAM versions of high end cards.

all the cards were pretty much the same performance wise as you would expect, but MSI twin frozer had the lowest temps and the lowest noise, it had to do with the card outputting a good amount of its air out the back of the case

all the cards were pretty much the same performance wise as you would expect, but MSI twin frozer had the lowest temps and the lowest noise, it had to do with the card outputting a good amount of its air out the back of the case
None of those cards output the heat out the back. Only fans with closed type shrouds do. It has 2 large fans, the largest fin array, and what I believe to be the largest heatpipes on it. That is what makes it run the coolest, while remaining silent. Some people prefer this, I prefer less heat in my case.

What would be a good card then?
Any 4GB 770.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom