G400 or Intellimouse Explorer 3.0?

Geoman37

Baseband Member
Title says it all- I just need some advice. Ignoring the dpi (I would be fine with a 350 dpi mouse) which would be a better investment? At the moment it seems to be very hard to find a normal G400 (I can only find the G400S which is way out of my £20 budget). Given that I can get the Intellimouse for cheaper should I just go for that?

Oh, and if it helps I play games such as Counter-Strike and Battlefield online, then games such as Splinter Cell and Half-Life offline.

Thanks in advance.

The Intellimouse is cheap as crap for a reason. It's not just low DPI, but a weak optical sensor which causes random jumping here and there as well. The G400s (a direct exactly the same replacement of the G400) has a much better sensor and response rate. If you're any kind of serious about gaming, I would divvy up the extra cash for a better mouse. Some people can get away with gaming on cheap mice but most can't.

I still don't understand how Logitech can charge 2.5 times as much for the G400S than the G400. Since the G400S was released I can't find a G400 anywhere.

Idk about over there, but over here they are relatively the same price. If you saw it for less than 29p (direct conversion) then you might have saw it on sale when they were trying to deplete stock for the S. The G400 was on sale here for $20 for a few months but before that is was typically about 49. Pretty much a direct replacement to the G5 Rev2/MX518.

Edit: Yea, not too much in price difference on here between the two.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-G4...&qid=1376330070&sr=8-1&keywords=logitech+g400

The G300 seems to be more geared towards your budget.

Ah, that makes sense... Might go for a MX518 in that case- I only wanted the g400 because I prefer the matt texture and lack of any prediction compared to a small amount.

Back
Top Bottom