HD 5870 Temp.

I just realized you said you "swapped" it. Does that mean you didn't purchase directly from a retailer? If it was traded/sold from somebody, you may have to track them down to get a proof of purchase for the warranty to be valid.

Oh :( well this sucks... Yah I traded it with someone. Hopefully I can see if he is still on the forum I got it from and ask him.... If not, would a after market cooler fix it ?

*EDIT*

I am confused.... Look at the screen shot... :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Attachments

• gputemp3.gif
    gputemp3.gif
    18.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Well, probably whatever is causing the noise, is slowing the fan down to only 1100RPM. My IDEAL idle speed is 2000RPM, but it depends on the size of the fan and such.

Next, your card's memory is clocked pretty high, wouldn't you say? Is it OC'd at all? With a "non-" properly functioning fan and the card being OC'd would easily contribute to the high temps.

Dang thats fast for Idle, my 560's max max speed at 75C is 1960RPM, with the fan on 67%
(was doing some sound tests last night)

Of course yours is a 680, but dam dude thats faster than me at max! ( If i went to like 80C I am sure the fan would go over 2k RPM, but it never has)

EDIT: those were my CPU fan speeds, whoops. My idle GPU right now is 1800 RPM

OP - Hmmm, well atleast its fixed somehow, hopefully it stays that way.
Maybe something fell onto the GPU and the fan being on rattled it out of the way

Last edited:
Dang thats fast for Idle, my 560's max max speed at 75C is 1960RPM, with the fan on 67%
(was doing some sound tests last night)

Of course yours is a 680, but dam dude thats faster than me at max! ( If i went to like 80C I am sure the fan would go over 2k RPM, but it never has)

EDIT: those were my CPU fan speeds, whoops. My idle GPU right now is 1800 RPM

OP - Hmmm, well atleast its fixed somehow, hopefully it stays that way.
Maybe something fell onto the GPU and the fan being on rattled it out of the way

It's still doing it... temp is going all over the place was at 37, then 50, now its at 47.... idk whats wrong with it. :(

Is there a program i can use to UP the speed of the fan also? its only running at 21%

Would it be okay to still play WoW? just keep an eye on the temps? Whats a safe temp for this card? and my faulty problem...? :sleep:

It's still doing it... temp is going all over the place was at 37, then 50, now its at 47.... idk whats wrong with it. :(

Is there a program i can use to UP the speed of the fan also? its only running at 21%

Would it be okay to still play WoW? just keep an eye on the temps? Whats a safe temp for this card? and my faulty problem...? :sleep:
On my old 6950, fan speeds could controlled through the Catalyst Control Center; http://www2.ati.com/drivers/13-4_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc_whql.exe
I can't remember where though.

Back
Top Bottom