My new computer case

steve10765

Daemon Poster
So, I just finished building my computer with my new case, it looks pretty cool, too bad my camera doesn't take very good low-light pictures, so not much LED pics for you.
Anyway here are some pics.

1 Side (back).jpg

2 Panel.jpg

3 Back.jpg

4 Front.jpg

Wow the fan was in silent mode, thats how slow it spins, this was taken on my 8.1 megapixel camera ( the white fan at back of case)

5 Inside.jpg

MORE ON THE WAY.

PROS
even while running Furmark and heavyload (CPU) for 10 min or so, the PSU fan has not turned on! ( my new HX750 Power supply)
This case is sooo silent on silent mode, on turbo mode its still quieter than my old case.

CONS
My temps are up on my GPU from 73C to 77C and my CPU temps are up from 54C to 59C Max
Thats not soo good... The GPU doesn't have the PSU pushing air all around it so thats one thing.

I have Purchased another 140mm fan that will aid airflow and still be quiet, I found the fan they used in my case, its 52CFM max... anyway thats what I got another one of. I am really enjoying not hearing my comp on at all in silent mode, but if I ever need crazy airflow I can just hook up my 110CFM 120 sythe kaze fan, and my 2 quiet 80CFM cooler master fans.

I am also buying a Red cathode that is sound activated for my case, it will work good because the comp is right near my speakers( I have some good pioneers)

Also what do you guys think of the cable management, I tried hard to do a good job, but I'm no pro.

Overall, what do you guys think?

Last edited:
It said a 5 image limit, so I didnt want to edit the last post and accidentally delete those pics when I removed them in the attachment page to add more

6 Inside (lights).jpg

7 Panel side.jpg

8 Front-Panel.jpg

9 Front-Panel(lights).jpg

If needed, could I replace the CPU fan with my sythe Kaze slipstream? 110 CFM, it wouldn't be on full blast the whole time would it? The PWM function would work right?

This is the cathode I'm looking at http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16800888071

Last edited:
Well, like we said in the other thread your temps are fine. Actually, I would be willing to bet good money on the fact that your temps are higher because the bigger case has lower static pressure and airflow due to a large space to move air with lower CFM fans.

On that note, your PSU is the wrong way. The fan sucks in from the bottom. That's why there is a fan grille there and I bet there is a filter on the bottom between the feet too.

As to the rest, looks good albeit a bit goofy. I really am not fond of full towers unless you have a reason to have them. For instance, a 900D full of water parts. To each their own though.

If your CPU temp load is 59c, don't bother. That is retard cool for that particular chip at that frequency. My 955be with a TRUE 120 and dual Scythe Kaze ran in the 70s at 4.2GHz.

Edit: This could have gone in the OCing/modding section BTW.

are you sure I have the fan in the wrong way? please I dont want to have to take that all out for nothing.
are you sure?

if I flipped it over, then the text would be upside down right?

Text shouldn't be upside down as the other side is probably flipped for that orientation.
For instance.
DSCN2434.jpg~original

Most, if not all bottom mounted PSUs are meant to suck cool air from outside the case. That's why the cables are on the wrong side compared to all other setups (the hard mounted ones).

Think about it, if it wasn't meant to be that way, then why would there be air holes there?

Edit: Your case with an AX.
featured-case-image.jpg

Last edited:
well F me, PP.
It looks cooler how it is so I figured it went that way.
Well, I'm going to go move things around soon after i get my cathode.
I don't think you like cathodes (my guess) , what cathode do you think would look better, a blue cathode, or a red cathode. I plan on putting it at the bottom of my case.
(my case looks blueish because the side panel is tinted blue)

How does it look cooler when it's not "cooler".
:ISee:

Anywho, nah not really a fan of lighting anymore. Used to do that back in the day. If I ever got something "decent" I have considered a switchable white LED bar but that's about it anymore.

Considering you have blue LED fans I think a blue LED bar makes sense. White would go good with blue too, but it might wash out the blue in the fans.

Little throwback. This was my PC around 2005 lol. Illuminated my whole room. Edit: My bad, 2006. 7950GT wasn't released until then.

PC4-20-07.jpg~original

Last edited:
How does it look cooler when it's not "cooler".
:ISee:
good one

Actually its white LED's but the window is tinted blue.
I was thinking maybe having a red cathode at the bottom of the case, so it would have a little red tint going up the case.

AND DAM you went crazy with your case in 2006

Yea I'm pretty much retarded.

White 140mm fan x 2, White LED 140mm fan x 3

Oh well, so yea red should be kew. Course with that blue tint it all might look a bit dumb.

Eh yea, it got worse in 07. I don't think I have any pics of the full setup though, in the dark.

Yea I'm pretty much retarded.

Oh well, so yea red should be kew. Course with that blue tint it all might look a bit dumb.

Eh yea, it got worse in 07. I don't think I have any pics of the full setup though, in the dark.

You see I dont want to go for an over the top look like you did in
06, I'm liking the passive look of the lights, but I want to light up the bottom a little more, and add some aggression and a little zaz . I am going to go get the cathode soon off newegg.

I am hopping it doesn't look too stupid with the light blue tinted window, hopefully it will dimm it a bit, I have heard the cathode is very bright. I am going with the sound activated one, I might like it for gaming, and I can always turn off the sound activation

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...ckTab=true&Keywords=(keywords)#scrollFullInfo

Back
Top Bottom