Bios update and win8 error

Well you need to start over from scratch and format the entire drive then install XP from scratch.

Do a full format and not a quick.

What you want to do will NOT help you. There is nothing more to say than that. What you want and what needs to be done are 2 completely different things. I have stated what you need to do.

Hey, it is my fault. I thought i downloaded xp with sp3 but i downloaded the package isp3. So i am downloading

Microsoft Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 3 32-bit (Turkish) - DreamSpark

right now.

But there are a lot of links, i am a bit confused.

I will install this sp3 firstly.

Microsoft Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2 32-bit (Turkish) - DreamSpark
Microsoft Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 3 32-bit (Turkish) - DreamSpark

there are old versions.

Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3 32-bit (Turkish) - DreamSpark

This is package. I dont need it, i am downloading. Because my xp installation had a lot of errors, the xp cd iis damaged i think.

Microsoft Windows XP Professional Upgrade (64-bit)

and this, after installing xpsp3, maybe i can try this? I dont know if my cpu lets.

And

Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 1

xp home edition or pro or another xp i dont know, i couldnot understand this.

And finally,

Microsoft Windows XP Driver Development Kit (English) - DreamSpark - Download

Do i need this?

The driver dev kit probably don't need it. That's for making drivers for program devs if memory serves. K feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on that fact.

As for the OS itself, mate I'd stop trying to download it and just get it off eBay or one of those sites. XP disks are rather hard to duplicate especially if you don't know what your doing....

PS: Trotter, KSoD or one of the other admins does the tutorial thread for making an xp install disk using the i386 folder still exist? I've been looking for a while but I haven't been able to find it.

This is the Turkish language version of the Windows XP 32 bit operating system with Service Pack 3 already installed. This is the only download you need. It will be in ISO format and should be burnt as an image to disk.
Microsoft Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2 32-bit (Turkish) - DreamSpark
This is the Windows XP 32 bit operating system with Service Pack 2 included.
You will need to install Service Pack 3 after installing from this disk.
Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3 32-bit (Turkish) - DreamSpark
This is Service Pack 3 for Windows XP 32 bit. This only includes the updates and is meant to be run on a Windows XP system running Service Pack 2 or prior.
Microsoft Windows XP Professional Upgrade (64-bit)
This is an entirely different operating system, Windows XP Professional 64 bit. This is also an upgrade only, so it will require a qualifying previous edition to validate the license, essentially it will require you to insert another Windows disk to validate that you own a qualifying upgrade disk. Windows XP Professional 64 bit did not receive strong driver support, so I would not suggest installing this.
Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 1
Again this is the Service Pack only, not the complete operating system.
Microsoft Windows XP Driver Development Kit (English) - DreamSpark
This is the Driver Development Kit, with a variety of tools for development and testing meant for creators of hardware and drivers to create new drivers for Windows XP. The tools included can be found on the list here.
As for the OS itself, mate I'd stop trying to download it and just get it off eBay or one of those sites.
I disagree with this statement. Dreamspark is a Microsoft program with official downloads of the media; you cannot find media any more reliable than the official media.

Insert the Windows XP Professional with SP3 disk you burn from the first link in your disk drive, reboot to that disk by pressing the “any” key when prompted (push any key on the keyboard when prompted), then follow the prompts. When asked where you would like to install Windows, highlight each entry and press D to delete until you have only one entry on the disk labeled Unpartitioned Space. Press enter to install to that disk and then select Format the partition using the NTFS file system. Windows setup will then format the system and install Windows XP.

Also bear in mind that the date for Windows XP End of Support is fast approaching on April 8th of next year, after which date Windows XP will receive no further security updates or patches. Without security updates or patches the environment will be vulnerable to infection and exploits. It is strongly recommended to move to a modern operating system such as Windows 7 or Windows 8 by that time.

Brandon
Windows Outreach Team- IT Pro
The Springboard Series on TechNet

The driver dev kit probably don't need it. That's for making drivers for program devs if memory serves. K feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on that fact.

As for the OS itself, mate I'd stop trying to download it and just get it off eBay or one of those sites. XP disks are rather hard to duplicate especially if you don't know what your doing....

PS: Trotter, KSoD or one of the other admins does the tutorial thread for making an xp install disk using the i386 folder still exist? I've been looking for a while but I haven't been able to find it.

Why do i give money, my university gives free.

This is the Turkish language version of the Windows XP 32 bit operating system with Service Pack 3 already installed. This is the only download you need. It will be in ISO format and should be burnt as an image to disk.

This is the Windows XP 32 bit operating system with Service Pack 2 included.
You will need to install Service Pack 3 after installing from this disk.

This is Service Pack 3 for Windows XP 32 bit. This only includes the updates and is meant to be run on a Windows XP system running Service Pack 2 or prior.

This is an entirely different operating system, Windows XP Professional 64 bit. This is also an upgrade only, so it will require a qualifying previous edition to validate the license, essentially it will require you to insert another Windows disk to validate that you own a qualifying upgrade disk. Windows XP Professional 64 bit did not receive strong driver support, so I would not suggest installing this.

Again this is the Service Pack only, not the complete operating system.

This is the Driver Development Kit, with a variety of tools for development and testing meant for creators of hardware and drivers to create new drivers for Windows XP. The tools included can be found on the list here.

I disagree with this statement. Dreamspark is a Microsoft program with official downloads of the media; you cannot find media any more reliable than the official media.

Insert the Windows XP Professional with SP3 disk you burn from the first link in your disk drive, reboot to that disk by pressing the “any” key when prompted (push any key on the keyboard when prompted), then follow the prompts. When asked where you would like to install Windows, highlight each entry and press D to delete until you have only one entry on the disk labeled Unpartitioned Space. Press enter to install to that disk and then select Format the partition using the NTFS file system. Windows setup will then format the system and install Windows XP.

Also bear in mind that the date for Windows XP End of Support is fast approaching on April 8th of next year, after which date Windows XP will receive no further security updates or patches. Without security updates or patches the environment will be vulnerable to infection and exploits. It is strongly recommended to move to a modern operating system such as Windows 7 or Windows 8 by that time.

Brandon

I downloaded xp with sp3. It was about 551 mb. I burned it. Now it is on cdrom and name is grtmpfpp_tr. WHen i click to make autorun, it will bring xp install interface. I click install xp, black cmd screen appears and then disappears.

Before this, i put cdrom and tried to boot from cd. But it did not work. It keeps on"press any key". Ä° click any key, but keyboard doesnot work in that time and keeps waits on click any key
click any key.
click any key..
click any key...

then waits. I click but doesnot see my keyboard. I will use now old model keyboard to see if my usb drivers are damages but i dont think so. Because as i told now, now i am on xp sp2 i think, i click install xp, normally it should bring installing page.

Because maybe i burned wrong I made another cd xp sp3 and tried at another computer, same error. Waiting. But i exactly did same what i did in while burning win 7 and 8. They worked but this doesnot work. Maybe i should burn to dvd? BUt is 551 mb in iso, 591 mb in cd.

And also wghen i put into cdrom while in xp or (in another pc) in win8, it brings autorun and xp install interface.

Windows 7 needs a dvd but xp should fit fine in a CD. Have you done what K said? Do a full format of the drive etc before trying to do anything else?

I used another burn program to burn and it used a boot image file and it worked. Now i am on new xp sp3. What programs should i have, optimization , antivirus? This is old computer, i dont want to use much programs.

Without a doubt your challenge will be to keep this PC lightweight and responsive. The first thing you should do is install Microsoft Update and update the system. Open Internet Explorer, select the tools menu, and then select Windows Update. In the center of the page there should be a prompt for Microsoft Update. Select that prompt and follow the instructions, then select custom search to search for recommended and optional updates. When updates are found, be sure to look through the menus on the left of the page to select additional optional updates.

I would recommend using Microsoft Security Essentials for malware protection. It is lightweight and should provide adequate protection, it will also install through a Microsoft Update optional update. You will also want to install technologies necessary for access to various internet content, such as Oracle Java Runtime Environment and Adobe Flash Player. During installation be sure to uncheck the boxes for toolbars and additional products you do not desire to avoid any unnecessary installations and to keep the environment light. I would also suggest familiarizing yourself with Disk Cleanup and Disk Defragmenter utilities and using them regularly to keep the system optimized.

If you have not already, I would also strongly suggest that you locate the drivers provided by the manufacturer of your components and to install them. Gigabyte provides drivers for your motherboard here under Support & Downloads.

Brandon

Last edited:
Without a doubt your challenge will be to keep this PC lightweight and responsive. The first thing you should do is install Microsoft Update and update the system. Open Internet Explorer, select the tools menu, and then select Windows Update. In the center of the page there should be a prompt for Microsoft Update. Select that prompt and follow the instructions, then select custom search to search for recommended and optional updates. When updates are found, be sure to look through the menus on the left of the page to select additional optional updates.

I would recommend using Microsoft Security Essentials for malware protection. It is lightweight and should provide adequate protection, it will also install through a Microsoft Update optional update. You will also want to install technologies necessary for access to various internet content, such as Oracle Java Runtime Environment and Adobe Flash Player. During installation be sure to uncheck the boxes for toolbars and additional products you do not desire to avoid any unnecessary installations and to keep the environment light. I would also suggest familiarizing yourself with Disk Cleanup and Disk Defragmenter utilities and using them regularly to keep the system optimized.

If you have not already, I would also strongly suggest that you locate the drivers provided by the manufacturer of your components and to install them. Gigabyte provides drivers for your motherboard here under Support & Downloads.

Brandon

I am using mse but for example now adyield manager malware infected the firefox. But mse couldnot clean it. What should i do, use also a malware protection?

Back
Top Bottom