SiZcO

In Runtime
well im building a New computer

AV8 939 Motherboard
AMD 64 3500+
DVD+RW
1gig ram
ATI 9800 Pro

im kinda worried about the 9800 Pro and what would be a good PSU to get?

Will a 400w or 450w be enough to handle this computer?

Just for being a little future proof, i would go with an antec 500w or 550w. Antec has great psu's with high voltage rails. I have the 9800pro and a lot of other stuff in my case and it handels it all very well. Its worth the money spent.

I have fortran source (FPS-350W) i beleive is the model number. 350W and system run very stable.

as well i'm on 9800XT, it requires more power than 9800PRO.

so get any GOOD PSU @ 400W .

Good PSU's are those, whose +5 does not show too much deviation.

But look at how much other stuff he has in the case. I have a lot of other stuff in my case and it all takes power. Each fan and everything else. I was maxing out on my 400w so I went for a 550w. It doesnt hurt to look to the future and buy a little over on a psu.

nice. definately a bit of overkill for what you have, but you could run two computers off that PSU and it would probably be fine :)

nice amount of amperage on the 12v rail as well...

I have the NON LE version of that PSU, and I like. So far it has been pretty good.

My set up is

P4 3.0
BFG Fx 55000 OC'd
2 HD's
1 CDRW
1 DVD RW
Sound Card
1 System Fan

How ever I have a MICRO ATX Case, and It was a major Pain in the as gettin the thing put in due to the size of the ATX Cable, it is big In fact I had to remove the Floppy drive to use this PSU. But then My case is really small, and though it was a pain, it is now a little more roomy than before.

I Use Bittorrent a lot so the computer runs for a while, and I'm not worried about it staying on for long periods of time. I read a really good review on it somewhere, and there biggests complaints where that the fans are loud, and not the best.

Here is my speed fan readings right now, runing firefox, media player, and bittorenting:

Vcore is 1.52
+3.3 is 3.33
+ 5 is 5.11
+12 is 12.40
-12 is 12.20
-5 is 5.30

Don't know what the difference is between this and the regular version is, the numbers are the same, but the regulare is 50$ less than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom