Who made this site?

Best thing to do is be yourself, and be mindful of what you type. Some things can be taken out of context very quickly.

Other than that welcome to TF.

Out of curiosity.... did this have a bigger focus on games or gaming back in 2002-2004 by chance? Or have community nights on the Xbox/Xbox 360?

Oh god I nearly had a spaz lol. People the correct spelling for a website is SITE not SIGHT. :p Thanks ;)

Also if this has been around since 2002 then what software hosted it back then? I'm pretty sure vBulletin wasn't around back then.

Out of curiosity.... did this have a bigger focus on games or gaming back in 2002-2004 by chance? Or have community nights on the Xbox/Xbox 360?

Probably did have this kind of nights as the site was MUCH smaller then. Chopper is Down Under so I don't know if he would have done the organizing or if some members might have done so.

We have had a few groups grow out of TF as far as gaming goes. I have several members on Battlelog for BF3 but seldom see any on when I am gaming.

Oh god I nearly had a spaz lol. People the correct spelling for a website is SITE not SIGHT. :p Thanks ;)

Also if this has been around since 2002 then what software hosted it back then? I'm pretty sure vBulletin wasn't around back then.

Fixed thread title. ;)

I am not sure what software was used back then. Larry disabled Google's cached pages from the past (Way Back Machine) so they are not there to check. I do remember the site being on vBulletin 2.something or late 1.something the first I noticed it. Maybe you remember the huge jump when TF went from vB2 to vB3.5 or so. Ouch!

And..... now I feel like such an idiot

No sweat. We won't laugh too long. :p

PP remember that 13K PC your grandparents bought you DAM!
Nvidia fan boy
"Yea guys its awesome. My grandparents bought it for me and it cost....................$12,394, at $198 per month. The cool thing is, is ive taken it apart and put it back together twice. I would rather put my own together but who can resist that? Your crazy if you do!! The monitor is 30" btw, sorry about that typo. The gaming is the most awesome thing in the world! Its so awesome, i almost dont want to touch the keyboard and play Doom3!! It is soooooooo smooth and i even have AA and Aniso. on! Sorry but since i dont have the net so i havent got 3dmark05 yet. My friend is gonna send me the prog tomorrow so ill post tomorrow!!"

you were soooo spoiled....

PP remember that 13K PC your grandparents bought you DAM!
Nvidia fan boy
"Yea guys its awesome. My grandparents bought it for me and it cost....................$12,394, at $198 per month. The cool thing is, is ive taken it apart and put it back together twice. I would rather put my own together but who can resist that? Your crazy if you do!! The monitor is 30" btw, sorry about that typo. The gaming is the most awesome thing in the world! Its so awesome, i almost dont want to touch the keyboard and play Doom3!! It is soooooooo smooth and i even have AA and Aniso. on! Sorry but since i dont have the net so i havent got 3dmark05 yet. My friend is gonna send me the prog tomorrow so ill post tomorrow!!"

you were soooo spoiled....
Hehe those were the days! I remember it too, freakin Voodoo PC where the ad had a Photoshopped dual screen setup. I think it was Nubius who pointed out it was mirrored. :sleep:

Man you had to of done some digging to find that.

Edit: Haaa found it. Was U-Toast. Miss the old gang.

hexx-dual-plasma.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom