Upgrading Tips

IntelFanboy417

In Runtime
Just wanted to know if/what I should upgrade. Heres my current specs:
TechSpecsSimple_zps0dfeb7ed.jpg

Thoes were taken right from my invoice, as I dont feel like re-writing my specs again.
Please give me feedback :D (And btw I cropped the image so quantity was was cut off. It says 4gb of ram when it should say 4gb sticks x 2)
Also should I upgrade to 16gb of ram or is 8 more then enough? I've notice that my RAM usage has gone up to about 60% before. Again all suggestions of what I should upgrade would be great :)

Depends on what you want to do. If you're a gamer, upgrade one of those low res 19" monitors to something 22"+ 1080p and upgrade that 650.

8GB is fine. Next logical upgrade after the above is an SSD.

I use it for gaming and the occasional video editing. I get what you mean about the monitors, however when it comes to video these are good enough for me. When I do save up some more I'll look into a better graphics card, what do you recommend?

I use it for gaming and the occasional video editing. I get what you mean about the monitors, however when it comes to video these are good enough for me. When I do save up some more I'll look into a better graphics card, what do you recommend?
It's not the size really, but the resolution. 720p pretty much blows for any kind of real gaming these days.
As to what to upgrade to, that just depends on your budget when the time comes. Luckily for you, the rest of your machine shapes up and will for quite a long while.

Also yea I really need an SSD, would you happen to know the best most safe way to transferring my OS to it from the hard drive?
The best way to do things is a fresh install. The easiest way is to use clone software on a different machine to properly transfer from the HDD to the SSD.

When you buy an SSD, stick to Corsair, Samsung, Intel, and Crucial.

Back
Top Bottom