Would this play wow and minecraft?

averyb

Beta member
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
AMD 64 2.41GHz processor
1.75GB ram
512MB NVIDIA GeForce 7600 video card (VGA/DVI)
160GB HDD
Sony 16x Dual Layer DVD burner
4 front usb ports, 4 rear usb ports
I need to know if this would play wow and minecraf as is, im planning on upgrading soon.

Specs are alright... could probably run on low settings like he said ^^^
BUT ram is a bit low even for minecraft. I would suggest at least 3gb of ram or more to run it fluently. Also I would go with an intel processor, but judging by my username you can tell why I would say that :p

Actually, I'm going to say maybe no. I recently ran into the latest updated WoW and must say the minimum has been upped. Considering I'm assuming that is a single core CPU.

No, in those days HT was purely Intel P4. This is most likely a socket 939 A64 meaning no fancy turbo boost or any crap like that, and a single core. The 4000+ San Diego was 2.4GHz.

I'm just basing this on an experiment I did not too long ago with an X2 3800+ that I had OCd to 2.8GHz. It had 3GB of RAM and a GTX 260. It didn't handle things very well gaming wise. Barely handled Skyrim on all lowest settings 720p (vanilla). Something clocked less with one less core and a much weaker GPU I'm having my doubts. The same setup with a 7950GT was a lag fest.

Back
Top Bottom