New Gaming PC - Need help!

Reduce the RAM to 8GB 1600 generic brand which should drop the build 20 bucks.

Then, change the CPU to an i3 3220 and get the cheapest ASRock B75 board which should be 54 bucks.

The extra cash saved, swap to this HDD.
Seagate Barracuda ST500DM002 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - Newegg.com

And this PSU.
Antec VP-450 450W ATX 12V v2.3 Power Supply - Newegg.com

You can also drop the cooler so you can get this card instead.
Newegg.com - EVGA 01G-P4-3655-KR GeForce GTX 650 Ti BOOST 1GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 SLI Support Video Card

And these changes your telling me would make the computer performance better than this build i have or just cheaper?

and also is the generic brand g.skill cause it doesn't list any generic brands.

Last edited:
Better parts for relatively the same price. The better single threaded performance in the i3 with the better GPU power will give more of a boost in games. Plus, the Antec PSU is of better quality and there isn't any reason to have 1866 RAM.

Looks good. This rig can do Crysis 3 with medium settings, Last Light High with Normal Tessellation, League maxed, ect to give you an idea @ 1080p.

I also play minecraft sometimes. I'm guessing i'd be able to run high settings and get rly good frames easily?

Also, I hear its pretty easy to order all the parts and then put it together yourself?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom