A lot to ask?

custurd

Beta member
I am currently using a nexus tablet; at first it was cool, but now its just a slower and less capable laptop. I am looking for a casual use laptop with some gaming capabilities. I will probably spend most of my time playing tf2, so no super intense graphics. As for other specs, I don't want a screen much larger than 17 inches or smaller than 12. I would prefer a PC running on windows 8 or 7, but do not want a touch screen. A separate number pad would be favored but not needed. Hopefully you can help me find this all for under $500!

Amazon.com: ASUS K55N-DS81 15.6-Inch Laptop (Black): Computers & Accessories

"At its price point, the impressive thing about this laptop is its quad core engine from AMD, the A8-4500M whose 1.9 GHz clock speed can be booted to run at up to 2.8ghz with TurboCore technology. The engine is not as muscled as the I5 dual core from Intel but is certainly faster than the i3. It is paired with an AMD Radeon HD7640G graphics engine that has its own video RAM albeit at a modest 512 MB.
Bundled with the latest Windows 8 OS, this Asus model boasts of a 15.6-inch LCD screen with an HD resolution of 1366 x 768. It comes with a 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM, a 500 GB SATA hard disk drive running at 5,400 rpm and an 8x SuperMulti Double layer DVD drive all housed in a slim body with just 1.3-inch profile thickness and a 5.7-lb weight that's light enough to carry in a backpack. Data connectivity is supported by Bluetooth 4.0, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, two USB 2.0 ports and a single one USB 3.0 port, and one HDMI port."

This laptop is pretty good, its graphics card is over %10 better than Intel HD 4000 graphics which most intel laptops have, and it has a nice quad core CPU that can go up to 2.8GHZ which is impressive for a laptop, it also is not too big, which you like, and its 720P so you will get a bit better gaming performance and it will still look nice.

While it might be frowned upon here or you might want it to look prestine I would go to the Lenovo outlet website and see what the door buster is for a few days in a row I bet you find something with i5 or i7 with a graphics card for under 500 my little brother had a 450 dollar budget and I sent him there he got a sweet rig with a (3rd gen) i7 a gtx750m and 16 gigs of ram for Like 437 just a thought their outlet store seams to get the highest mark downs

While it might be frowned upon here or you might want it to look prestine I would go to the Lenovo outlet website and see what the door buster is for a few days in a row I bet you find something with i5 or i7 with a graphics card for under 500 my little brother had a 450 dollar budget and I sent him there he got a sweet rig with a (3rd gen) i7 a gtx750m and 16 gigs of ram for Like 437 just a thought their outlet store seams to get the highest mark downs

When was this? And how did he get such a good deal? And are you sure it was that price? the RAM for that comp alone is at least $130, they get a discount so say $90 already.
Give us a link, your lying!

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback! I am kind of a computer idiot, so what exactly does prestine mean?

I am pretty sure he means prestine as in mint condiotion, looking really nice. It;s not a tech term I know of, your looking at it the wrong way. (btw its pristine)

Oh, I guess I was over thinking it, lol.
On that suggested lenovo site I found an idea pad 585 for $412(used, I believe)is this a good deal that fits my needs?

Yeah it was under 500 its normally a one day sale so he had to jump on it but if you look for what you want you can find it over the course of a week or so lots of times these are computers that got scratched during shipping and sent back or were a display model sorry for my spelling mistakes

outlet.Lenovo.com

Back
Top Bottom