First PC build

I think a user here might have bought that same one actually. Maybe it was Joe C? Can't remember who bought what.

Idk, I wouldn't put my trust in the brand.

So I finally got the the hdd and installed it but under windows it doesn't show it but when I go under the bios the hdd is shown. Any ideas? Under windows it only shows the ssd and disk drive. Any ideas?

If it's brand new you need to partition it.

Go to control panel - admin tools - computer management - disk management - right click the HDD in question - create simple volume - make sure ###MB is = to ###MB size of HDD - make sure NTFS is selected (name it whatever you want) - finish. After it's done formatting it should show an autoplay or show up in My Computer.

Wehn i got o disk management I see the disk 0 and it has 931.51 GB unallocated but when i right click it all the new volume options are grayed out, I can only select help and properties

I can right click to the side where it says disk 0 and initialize the disk and it says use the following portion style for the selected disk: MBR or GPT

Last edited:
I had to initalize the disk then after that I was able to do it. Its working fine now. THANKS a ton!

Really didnt want to start a whole new thread just for this and cant send pm's so figured I would just post here. My mom is looking to get a new computer this weekend. Here is what I have put together for her, do you have any suggestions to make it cheaper or better for the same price?

Yes she wants the SSD for the quick boot up, doesnt need more than 128gb of storage either.

Intel Core i3-3225, NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black) - System Build - PCPartPicker

Go ahead and get her a Crucial M4 (should be cheaper) and 8GB of 1600. 8GB because you need to disable the pagefile and with 4GB of RAM and how RAM crazy the browsers are she may eat it up and get virtual memory errors. TBH that probably won't ever happy BUT just to be on the safe side. 1600 because the IGP relies on the RAM speed and it'll help.

Crucial M4 because of the reliability. The Samsung is super reliable, but some say the M4 is pretty indestructible.

My 2c

awesome thanks, do you see any spots where i can shave off some money? she only needs it for excel and internet usage

Back
Top Bottom