XP Hardware Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

amnesty_puppy

Baseband Member
1. The Modem
It produces the error "The remote computer failed to respond" (or something along those lines) but it's the right number (gives modemy sound on phone) and a modem query gives no errors.

2. The Printer
Hewlett Packard Deskjet 710C driver cd isn't compatible with XP and auto detection isn't working.

Any help would be much appreciated!

i am unable to assist u in modem, as u didnt mentioned the chipset name of your modem (or model number), however I have uploaded the printer driver for you for winxp on my server. hope it will work well.

click HERE to get your file.

this will remain on servers for next few days (say a week or may be 2). once u get through it, write here so that i can remove the file.

The modem is a broadcom 56k, using drivers supplied with WinXP at the moment. Are the printer drivers included in XP problematic with this printer? (Got the file btw)

Thanks.

amnesty_puppy,

Yeah, well if the query is a success, the modem works fine. Just fiddle with the configuration settings. sometimes you need to disable the wait for dialtone available in modem options to get your modem dialled. I hope this works

Yeah, I've been messing around with setting but I don't really know what I'm doing. I turned the "wat for dialtone" off already because otherwise it claims that there's no dialtone.

this printer driver is written exclusively for the winXP.

and I have found out two drivers for Broadcom for Windows XP. as I am not on my PC currently, and no access to FTP software, so I'll mail you the links in pvt message, check if wither of them works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom