universal media bridge connector

meepmup

Beta member
Hi,

I have a few questions on universal media bridges.

I work for a company and we are constantly playing music and videos in the office, we always have to physically connect our laptops (half of us have macbook pros, half have PC's/netbooks) to our "home theater" system.

I need to find a wireless bridge that would connect at least 7 devices (laptops) to our system over our existing wifi.

I know that 802.11AC just came out, so how does this affect my search?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
(Oh and I am based in Berlin, so European/Germany/Berlin based answers would be best, including where to buy)

how are you hooking the laptops up now? are we talking HDMI hookup?

Do you want to wirelessly send video & audio to your home theater system? I think that's what you're asking. Because if that's the case, your existing wifi network would have nothing to do with it.

Yeah, we have been using an HDMI cable to hook them up, but we just want to do it straight from our respective computers without having to physically connect.

Yeah, we have been using an HDMI cable to hook them up, but we just want to do it straight from our respective computers without having to physically connect.
Because, unfortunately, that's a whole new animal to deal with vs. wireless internet.

You'd have to find a "WiDi" receiver for your home theater system, (I doubt your computers have WiDi capability) and so you'd then have to get WiDi adapters for all your laptops. Even then, you still have to have a "clear" signal to the receiver (literally zero obstructions between the transmitter and the receiver). My WiDi goes out when somebody walks in front of the TV :(

But, hey, to each their own.

I have no clue on german online tech retailers, maybe you can pick one up by a Saturn ;) (they still exist, right? lol@"ich bin doch nicht blöd!")

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom