new gaming rig :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
4W4K3 said:
Your CPU and mobo are fine, i just think the 2600+ Mobile would be better than the 2800+ or 3000+, because after overclocking it IS better. If running stock then go with the others i guess. and AGP8X will be better, you might notice a diff, but i don't on my card from 4X to 8X. Depends on game i guess.

I was looking at getting the 2400+ XP-M... not one of the higher ones. They just look to me like there's not much of a difference.

lazerman said:
I was looking at getting the 2400+ XP-M... not one of the higher ones. They just look to me like there's not much of a difference.

not really a difference, i mean the 2600+ is only a couple bucks more. and they will both reach 2.4-2.5GHz pretty easy if there good. your decision.

Yea well I put the 2400+ XP-M on the ChristmasList, and my dad loves computers also. I'm pretty sure he's getting me that. Plus most of the reviews I read were for the 2400 XP-M... and it doesn't make sense to me to waste money on the same thing when it's a finished product.

aj2003 said:
be careful when ordering that board with that cpu make sure the board comes with the version 1.3 bios because the versions before dont support the 90nm cores only the 130nm ones and u cant flash it to the newer one without a 130nm chip in if u konw what i mean. Ive heard that that chip can o/c to the 3500 speeds.

haha yea I still pray that it comes with a good BIOS...

actually the stuff just arrived :)

k8n-neo2-winchester-or-not-winchester-thats-the-question.jpg

actually lazerman I think both Leonidas and 4W4K3 have the 2600+ XP-M and I believe they can both OC at the same speeds I can but with less voltage, so you MIGHT want to go with that, but hell every chip is different so I can't guarantee anything anyway. Just saying, but without me myself getting a 2600+ XP-M I won't really know plus perhaps when I get better RAM I'll be able to OC better, but it seems it's

2.5GHz - 1.875Vcore
2.6GHz- 1.95
2.7GHz - 2.05
2.8GHz - ???

I got 2.8GHz to boot once, but I don't recall the Vcore, but I know it'd probably have to be 2.1, I don't know if I can get that prime95 stable, I'm damn near tempted to try right now :p but that's soooo much damn Vcore and I REALLY can't afford to lose a chip right now.

true nubius, thats fair enough not wanting to loose that cpu, but it can probably take it (dont hold me to that) i would go for it, imagine an Athlon at 2.8Ghz :D imagine the braggin rights... ;)

4W4K3 said:
how is a regular 6600 bad? why would he run 640*480? i dont think upgrading to the GT model would make an earthshattering difference where he could ramp up the settings and all that. that 2600+ will own the 2800+ even SLIGHTLY overclocked, more and it will jsut blow it away. i know my processor at its current speed does way better than any stock XP chip. and it overclocks farther than any XP chip hands down.

first off he said he didnt want to overclock why i was suggesting the 2800+ over the mobile... and the 640x480 thing was just explaining that the processor is the "limiting reactant" so to say in only really low resolutions.

also i never said the regular 6600 was bad just suggested the GT

true nubius, thats fair enough not wanting to loose that cpu, but it can probably take it (dont hold me to that) i would go for it, imagine an Athlon at 2.8Ghz imagine the braggin rights...
Well I tried it lol, I could get it to boot and hell was even talking to Leonidas with 165x17 = 2.805GHZ with a Vcore of 2.1 :eek: it would boot, but upon trying to run prime95 it'd freeze, temps weren't bad at all, in the 30's Celsius so that's not a problem, it's probably the RAM for one thing that's holding me back, and possibly the CPU, I restarted the comp after it froze and was in the BIOS after changing it to 2.225 Vcore to see if prime95 would at all run and just error instead of freezing and while in the BIOS it shut down with a beep I hadn't heard before. With a prayer and shakey hands I reset my CMOS and all was well :D whew close one, thought I killed it this time, so I set it back to 186x14 for 2.604GHz at 1.975 which is completely prime95 stable, but whatever I GOT 2.8 KINDA! :p

i wonder what the record is for overclocking an xp-m...

edit:
on air i mean, i bet there are 3.2 ghz somewhere on vapochill systems :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom