NVidia GeForce GTX 650 ti BOOST WTF??

Xalidan8162

Solid State Member
Right then, so I bought this exact graphics card a few weeks ago to replace my old Radeon HD 7700, when I installed it, I immediately noticed it was a good deal, up until a few hours when I updated drivers, and everything about this graphics card, It began to crash my games, and also crash itself, not only that, I get constant "Windows Explorer stopped working" errors....now that wasn't the most annoying part, what ticked me off the most, was when the graphics card started trolling me in my favorite game of all time, Skyrim, I experience several FPS drops, and all kinds of other laggy things, I've searched all over the internet for a way to solve the problem, the most promising was Beta Drivers, I installed it...and well...the card crashing stopped, but the other problems are still around, which is the Skyrim problems, and the damn Windows Explorer crashes.....any input would be appreciated, I just want to eradicate this issue asap, I'm very touchy when it comes to computer errors....

Also, I have an 880 PSU and 8gb RAM, so I know that's more than enough to run this card properly.

Last edited:
It's more than likely the updated drivers. I am using the 314.22 since those were the last without giving me issues at all (especially Battlefield 3). I have read on the Nvidia forums that some have experienced crashes on their PC's due to the drivers as well.

I suggest finding a past driver that works for you and selecting 'Clean Install' for now.

Use Driver Sweeper to make sure ALL AMD and Nvidia drivers are removed from your system, then download the 314 drivers and use those. Should clear up your issues. If they don't you have other problems.

If you didn't properly rid your machine of AMD drivers prior to install the Nvidia card then that could be your issue as well.

Back
Top Bottom