Graphics Card Upgrade. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cky13166

Beta member
hi, I just got a new game and tried to play it, it appears I need a new graphics card to do so, if any1 has any suggestions on what type to get, please let me know, it would be appreciated, it dosent have to be the best card, just something that will allow me to play the game decently,

intel(r) celeron(tm) CPU 1300mhz, 1.30 GHz, 512 mb of ram

Thanks,
Scott

What game is it that you are wanting to play? Nobody can help you if you don't tell us what you are wanting to play. For instance, Medal of Honor Allied Assault has way different requirements than Doom 3. What is the game?

Well, we could start off with how much you'd like to spend.. that's usually a bigger factor.. So let's do it like this, you should get an ati 9600XT which is just under $200. Next would be the ati 9800Pro around $250 (which is what i'd get). Although if you really want to spend around $500 on a video card, like everyone would say, get the nvidia 6800 gt...

I think the 9800 pro would work good though, probably will push 30-35fps in nfsu2, I have a 9800xt and it does 35fps with ingame AA. Yea, spend the extra 50 and get that card, it's your best bet.. don't trust anyone else here, no one knows what they're talking about :p

ohh, and welcome to the forums :D

Look at his specs though, a 6800 would be a total waste of money given that his CPU would totally bottleneck it. I would suggest nothing more than a Radeon 9600XT, and even that would be overkill because of your low system specs. What you really need is a new mobo/CPU AND video card.

And trust me, not Demalii...I know more :p

DingDongDitch, why dont you just stick your **** in your fan blade on your computer?

you dont need to spend anymore than 200.

i'd suggest a ati 9600 128mb. it'll run those games just fine and its cheap...under 130.

and for those that want a good video card...pci-express...

the x700 pro 256 is only $200...and it runs hl2, cs: source with all settings maxed, with no lag.

just thought i'd let yall know :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom