Pc Build.

Spanktoast

Solid State Member
Hey, I'm having troubles with my initial boot on my PC build. I have everything plugged in, but nothing will start up. I can confirm that the motherboard is receiving power, however, when I hit the power button the fan will move for half a second, but won't even make a full rotation. I've also tried powering straight from the button on the motherboard, but still no luck. I was wondering if it could be a insufficient amount of watts since I have a 600watt corsair PSU installed. I do also get a flash of lights one time after the power button hit, but won't flash a second time until I turn the PSU off then on.

Specs:
Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
MSI Z87 MPOWER Max ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memor
Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
MSI GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card
Corsair CX 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply
Rosewill BlackHawk ATX Mid Tower Case

looks like the power supply should be o.k. for the system you have
On a new build, it could several things, including the board shorting out on the case (stand off in wrong location or no stand offs at all) Try removing the board from the case, leave the cpu, heatsink and cpu fan with one stick of memory. If your monitor uses an hdmi and you have the cable, use that and remove the video card too.
Place the motherboard on a non-conductive surface and connect the power supply including the 4/8 pin for the cpu. see if it will post (you can set the date and time in the bios while you have the board booted up)
If it does boot, then check the stand offs to be sure they align up the the mount holes on the board. Check you I/O plate to be sure one of the tabs are not shorting the inside any of the ports when you mount the board inside the case. Then recheck to see if it posts, if it does continue installing one peripheral at a time until it does not post. The item that would be the cause of your pc not starting up will be easy to determine

So, Today I did as you guys told me to, and I found that all the components would power up after I removed everything and re-assembled after I tested. However, I ran into another problem, where my monitor can't receive a signal. The only words I get on the screen are, No VGA signal even thought the VGA wire was plugged in. I also noticed that my motherboard posted a debug number, which was 55, and not exactly sure what that problem means. So my thoughts on the problem are, bad ram sticks, or would resetting the CMOS. I'm worried that resetting the CMOS might damage my board so I wanted to make sure it was an okay idea to do so. Please let me know what you think is the problem and any solutions you might have, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom