My Friend Needs Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRUCEG

Baseband Member
Ok my friend is hjaving problems with his comp. Whenm he turns it on it says check signal...so he went to his tower and made sure everything was plugged in correctly and it all was....and nothing was loose.....so he restarted it and the same message came up: check signal. So then he hought well it might be the monitor...so he went and got his sisters monitor and the same thing happened. Do you guys think it's the video card??...that's what im thinkin.

well usually it wont show anything . I see the check signal error on the monitor when the monitor is unplugged from the video card. Are you sure the system is powering up or is it shutting back down after you start .

the BIOS should beep once to say "everything is okay"
if the system does beep once, the video card is fine. try a different monitor cable, and if it works, you know what the problem was

if it beeps more than once, or not at all, something is wrong with the PC, and it may not be the video card
listen to the beeps (if there are any) and write it down somewhere - it might be long, short, short, long or something different.
then try and find the error code in your motherboard manual and see what it means
if it doesn't beep, usually something is not put in properly, or the BIOs may be faulty

Check the pins on the video card/monitor cable. No signal means exactly that. remove the card from its slot and then put it back in.

damn...it must be the video card...we unplugged the card and put it back in....and still the same thing :-(

That doesn't prove it's the video card. The motherboard may be fried in a strange way, or it could be a couple of other things. Have you not got another video card to test with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom