New gaming PC, first time buyer! help!.

00adspro00

Solid State Member
Hi guys, I joined the forum cause I see a lot of people know about their gaming pc's here!

SO I got quoted from two people, one from JW computers in Sydney NSW, and one from MELBOURNE.

The first one is from JW, I will copy and paste it.

Intel Core I7 3770/3.4ghz/8mb/lga1155 GST 1

Kingston Khx16c10b1k2/16x,16gb 1600mhz D GST 1

Seagate 2tb Sata3 7200rpm 3.5 Hdd 64mb GST 1

Samsung 120gb 840 Series 2.5'' Ssd GST 1

Silverstone Rl04b, Tower No Psu GST 1

GV-N770OC-2GD Gigabyte GV-N770OC-2GD,GTX770/2GB/PCIe GST 1

8Ms Windows 7 Home Prem 64bit Oem GST 1

Asus P8b75-m,s1155/4ddr3/4usb3 Matx GST 1

Liteon 24xdvdrw Sata 5.25'drive GST 1

Widetech 750w Psu/12cm Fan GST 1

Custom Pc

$1,649.00

That's with a Case apparently, and the guy said it will work really really good with games like Garrys mod, COD, BF3, etc.

Can someone confirm this? because someone also sent me this one and said it would be better ?

ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M Motherboard ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M Motherboard

Intel Core i7 3770K Intel Core i7 3770K

PCCG Custom System Assembly Service PCCG Custom System Assembly Service

CoolerMaster V4 GTS CPU Cooler CoolerMaster V4 GTS CPU Cooler

LG CH12LS28 12X BD-R Blu-ray DVD Combo Drive LG CH12LS28 12X BD-R Blu-ray DVD Combo Drive

Corsair GS-800 V2 Power Supply Corsair GS-800 V2 Power Supply

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit with SP1 OEM Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit with SP1 OEM

Seagate Barracuda 2TB ST2000DM001 Seagate Barracuda 2TB ST2000DM001

Corsair CMX8GX3M2A1600C9 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Corsair CMX8GX3M2A1600C9 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3

MSI GeForce GTX 770 Gaming Edition 2GB MSI GeForce GTX 770 Gaming Edition 2GB
ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M Motherboard ASRock Z77 Extreme4-M Motherboard

Intel Core i7 3770K Intel Core i7 3770K

PCCG Custom System Assembly Service PCCG Custom System Assembly Service

CoolerMaster V4 GTS CPU Cooler CoolerMaster V4 GTS CPU Cooler

LG CH12LS28 12X BD-R Blu-ray DVD Combo Drive LG CH12LS28 12X BD-R Blu-ray DVD Combo Drive

Corsair GS-800 V2 Power Supply Corsair GS-800 V2 Power Supply

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit with SP1 OEM Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit with SP1 OEM

Seagate Barracuda 2TB ST2000DM001 Seagate Barracuda 2TB ST2000DM001

Corsair CMX8GX3M2A1600C9 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 Corsair CMX8GX3M2A1600C9 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3

MSI GeForce GTX 770 Gaming Edition 2GB MSI GeForce GTX 770 Gaming Edition 2GB

That one is with out a case.

not sure it is my first time buying a gaming desktop I've always bought Laptops for games.

Number 1 is easier for me to get and Number two will take me a extra couple days to get.. hope you guys can help me.. My budget is 1700.. AUD.

Thanks guys.

I really don't know how to build my own + I won't have a credit card to pay for them as I only have cash in bank.

My little brothers birthday on 10th August and I can pick it up on that day if I buy off them :/

I don't wanna risk building my own and it looks like it would take forever to do that :/

Those guys are trying to sell you an i7 for a gaming computer when HT does absolutely squat for gaming. You could be putting the extra 100+ towards something else like a bigger SSD or something.

Actually assembling your PC is easy, and shouldn't* take you more than an hour or two. If your little brother is smart, being a little patient for way more performance and parts would be better than having it now. Although, being young myself before I was always impatient :p If you ordered now, you should receive the parts in 3-5 days and have it done in plenty of time.

To answer your question, both rigs are similar or rather almost exactly the same.

The first one lists an SSD and an 800w PSU, while also having 16GB of RAM. The second doesn't mention PSU or storage, and only has 8GB of RAM in favor for being able to overclock. For the price, building your own and getting a Haswell 4th gen Intel CPU like a 4670k would actually be better than having the Ivy Bridge 3rd Gen i7. I agree with Yev's build except I would use a 4670k and use the extra money in getting a bigger PSU.

Those guys are trying to sell you an i7 for a gaming computer when HT does absolutely squat for gaming. You could be putting the extra 100+ towards something else like a bigger SSD or something.

Actually assembling your PC is easy, and shouldn't* take you more than an hour or two. If your little brother is smart, being a little patient for way more performance and parts would be better than having it now. Although, being young myself before I was always impatient :p If you ordered now, you should receive the parts in 3-5 days and have it done in plenty of time.

To answer your question, both rigs are similar or rather almost exactly the same.

The first one lists an SSD and an 800w PSU, while also having 16GB of RAM. The second doesn't mention PSU or storage, and only has 8GB of RAM in favor for being able to overclock. For the price, building your own and getting a Haswell 4th gen Intel CPU like a 4670k would actually be better than having the Ivy Bridge 3rd Gen i7. I agree with Yev's build except I would use a 4670k and use the extra money in getting a bigger PSU.

So what do you suggest then? I will explain a bit more.

All I want it for is high graphics on most games out now and some upcoming.

I play currently on a 630m GeForce laptop dv6.

I use a 39" tv that has the whole screen fit on screen with 1080p. Will the first build work with this screen and will it work good with let's say Garrys mod or payday heist 2 ?

I played payday 2 tonight and the full resolution of the screen really messed me around never had this problem with other games on this tv.

It was really laggy and even lower settings didn't work.

I have 500 on me at the moment.
Next weds ill have 800, following weds ill have 1100 plus my parents are sending me money to help but it for my little brother. So i can deposit 150 tomorrow and have the computer for the rest of payment on the day of my brothers birthday which is the week I get my last pay and parents money.

So building a computer will probably take a week or two extra. Plus looking at tutorials etc.

I also have a trust problem with myself trying to build one as if I make a big mistake, it could cost me a lot of money.

So really in conclusion, I will take the building into account but will the first build I showed you play ultra on gtaiv? Garrys mod? Cyrsis 3? Etc.

Thanks again.

Also can you show me exactly what I can do If I were to change the i7 to what you described. Eg can you link me price difference to what the fiery guy quoted minus the i7 and whatever other differences it would make to my build ill be buying from them?

And list the pros/cons of changing wherever needs to be changed. My max is 1700 and jw computers where I live can put any products in for me.

I don't know, whatever you feel you can do further to help me would be appreciated thanks :)

EDIT:sorry for bad spelling on iphone

Last edited:
Situation helps, but personally would still just wait. Will it play everything on Ultra? Yes, Crysis 3 Ultra with 2xAA. You should use some of that budget on an actual monitor. 1080p on 39" is going to look bad compared to the quality level (pixel density) on something like a 24" monitor, not to mention quality differences in the panel itself.

What would I change? Bear with me, I'm not linking everything to show exact, you can do that yourself. Aus sites on 5Mb Internet are slow as hell.

Intel Core i5 4670K [BX80646I54670K] - $275.00 : PC Case Gear

$100+ difference. Same performance in games as 4770k.

Seasonic M12II 620W Power Supply [PSUSEAM12II620W] - $129.00 : PC Case Gear

Same price as the 550 he listed, more wattage.

With the money saved you can get an expensive unnecessary case or 16GB of RAM, or a 4GB GTX770.

Situation helps, but personally would still just wait. Will it play everything on Ultra? Yes, Crysis 3 Ultra with 2xAA. You should use some of that budget on an actual monitor. 1080p on 39" is going to look bad compared to the quality level (pixel density) on something like a 24" monitor, not to mention quality differences in the panel itself.

What would I change? Bear with me, I'm not linking everything to show exact, you can do that yourself. Aus sites on 5Mb Internet are slow as hell.

Intel Core i5 4670K [BX80646I54670K] - $275.00 : PC Case Gear

$100+ difference. Same performance in games as 4770k.

Seasonic M12II 620W Power Supply [PSUSEAM12II620W] - $129.00 : PC Case Gear

Same price as the 550 he listed, more wattage.

With the money saved you can get an expensive unnecessary case or 16GB of RAM, or a 4GB GTX770.

Okay.

I will stay with the current one he has given me.

I can't changed the screen however because I only bought this tv to use with my lappy.

Any benefits of dropping down the i7 for an i5 and then changing to a 4gb 770?

Thanks for your help

The benefits are this. You're paying more for an i7 but gaming has no advantages with HT. So literally it's an extra 100 bucks for nothing. The benefit here is not wasting your money.

As for the 4GB card more VRAM on higher powered cards is always better and slightly more future proof.

To add to what I said before, with the extra cash it can be spent on a monitor. I was implying replace a purchase.

The benefits are this. You're paying more for an i7 but gaming has no advantages with HT. So literally it's an extra 100 bucks for nothing. The benefit here is not wasting your money.

As for the 4GB card more VRAM on higher powered cards is always better and slightly more future proof.

To add to what I said before, with the extra cash it can be spent on a monitor. I was implying replace a purchase.

Upgraded to 4GB Gtx 770.

Though about building but am gonna give it a miss till I settle down once I move to England next year.

The guy recommended the I7 with the GTX 770 because it would be "convenient but not a must".

He said if I want my PC to run FAST then he would recommend keeping it, he said however if I want the PC to Just run great on the games and cut down some money he'd recommend go to the I5.

The only problem I'm having now is I've bought a 39Inch TCL Tv, 3d HDMI(3d Optional) and I don't have money for a Monitor.

I played Payday Heist 2 beta last night and I finally found out why everyone told me not to use a TV with a computer.

The game lagged, on all graphic settings and no matter what I done I couldn't change it.

So now I'm stuck with the fact that I've got a TV, will be getting a computer that from what I understand will mess with my gaming cause of the TV.

Do ALL other games do this?

I've played BF3 on this TV etc with no problems.

Only recently Payday 2 Beta has really proven to me I shouldn't of bought it.

Thanks again.

00adspro00 said:
Though about building but am gonna give it a miss till I settle down once I move to England next year.
Are you saying, you're not going to build it til next year? Cause if that's the case, technology changes faster than you can blink. What we're suggesting now, will become obsolete. You should buy your parts when you're ready to build, and ask for advice when that time comes.

Back
Top Bottom