Radeon 9800 pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

manetheren

Beta member
Hey guys,
I just bought a Radeon 9800 and I am having some technical issues. When I run a DirectX diagnostic scan it says that I do not have the AGP texture acceleration enabled. However, it is grayed out so I cannot enable or disable it anyway. All Radeons are supposed to support this. Here are my system specs...

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)
System Manufacturer: MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD
System Model: KM400-8235
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2500+, MMX, 3DNow, ~1.8GHz
Memory: 256MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

Card name: RADEON 9800 PRO
Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
Chip type: RADEON 9800 AGP (0x4E48)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Display Memory: 128.0 MB
Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (70Hz)
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200
Driver Name: ati2dvag.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.0010.6490 (English)
DDI Version: 9 (or higher)
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
DDraw Status: Enabled
D3D Status: Enabled
AGP Status: Not Available

What should I do? Thanks in advance.

did u try updating ur mobo, did u try new drivers for ur video card, and why is everything else in ur computer much crappier than ur video card? if ur gonna game ur gonna need more ram

AMD 0wn4g3 said:
lol teach u 4 buying ATI :p
Whatta d*ck. How about keeping your mouth shut if you dont have any advice to give, aside from what constitutes your dream computer.
To answer the original post, try updating your chipset drivers.

Forgive me for being such a n00b about motherboard drivers... (and to address the RAM issue, I'm going to get a lot more pretty soon. I'm updating this comp so I can play HL 2 :) I already have the cat 4.11 so that's not the issue. Everyone says I need to update my mobo drivers but I'm not really sure what I'm looking for. My ignorance about mobos is astounding. Can anyone tell me what I'm supposed to be downloading?

well first of all if you can post your mobo make and model we can point you to a direct download. Generally just go to the mobo site and there will be something on there that will be a download.

Im not sure if everyone is talking about bios or actual chipset drivers. Both should be avaialble on the manufacturers site though.

Try downloading and installing the latest omega drivers (www.omegadrivers.net) and that might help to fix the problem.

It works alright now. Is there a utility I can use to reinstall DirectX? It still has minor issues with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom