Need help upgrading cpu and motherboard

No, all graphical type settings like that are all GPU bound. I say no AA because Last Light maxed kills even a 680/770 with AA enabled.

I'm just giving you an estimation based on what I can do with my 5850. After update 3 was released I can do Very High @ 1920x1200 with normal tessellation, with no AA. You should be able to do do very high with high tessellation and no AA.

No, all graphical type settings like that are all GPU bound. I say no AA because Last Light maxed kills even a 680/770 with AA enabled.

I'm just giving you an estimation based on what I can do with my 5850. After update 3 was released I can do Very High @ 1920x1200 with normal tessellation, with no AA. You should be able to do do very high with high tessellation and no AA.
Would it be worth it to downgrade to the i5-3570 and save around $20.

Would it be worth it to downgrade to the i5-3570 and save around $20.

I would take mguires first suggestion on this and get it before the price tag goes up soon.
If you choose the intel core i5 3570k which is 214.99 your loosing out by 30.00 bucks.
Intel core i5 4430 is 189.99,from what I understand in a youtube review and tested in a local computer this morning its pretty beastly...

Stock temps seem to actually be about the same under the stock cooler. Extra cooling isn't needed unless you are going to OC. Not only that, but at that price something like an H80i would be a much better choice anyways.

Try to remember that people were saying the same thing about IB when it came out because a 2500k was a very cool running chip due to its flux solder based contact with the IHS.

Stock temps seem to actually be about the same under the stock cooler. Extra cooling isn't needed unless you are going to OC. Not only that, but at that price something like an H80i would be a much better choice anyways.

Try to remember that people were saying the same thing about IB when it came out because a 2500k was a very cool running chip due to its flux solder based contact with the IHS.

So Ill just use the stock cooler but besides that everything looks good Ram an motherboard mainly?

Back
Top Bottom