MacPerson would like to know what overclocking, cooling, building and case mods are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, thanks, never heard of any of that stuff being done before.
Isn't doing some of those things detrimental to your warranty?
And, one more thing. My iMac doesn't have a fan. It's designed to not need one. Is this a good or bad thing. I've never had troubles with it when using mega processor power.

mac_mogul said:
My iMac doesn't have a fan. It's designed to not need one. Is this a good or bad thing.

IMHO,..macs are fine tuned computers since all parts are manufactured by one company. this eliminates, if not lessens,..the need for system fans. however, like what "micro" said,..as computers get blazing fast..the higher is the need for cooling/fans...like the G5.

Ah.. So that's why the G5 has two. Gotcha and thanks.

oh, btw. Is there a way to overclock an iMac? :confused:

My ATI Rage 128 is sooo slow! And 500mhz? please...

I don't have to know right away because, even if there is. I wouldn't do it until I was sure I didn't need this computer anymore! ;)

(I have a habit of breaking expensive things)

mac_mogul said:
(I have a habit of breaking expensive things)

yeah, three dell computers to be precise..:D

oc an imac...not so sure about that...perhaps not..just a guess.

:) ha ha, nice ;)

Ok. No need to mess with the iMac, I'm going to build my own PC

Wish me luck, I'll need a truckload of it! :D

Yeah, well. I thought it sounded like fun so I thought, what the hey. It's not like I have to use it for anything but games right? Besides. I'm getting a new iBook for an early graduation gift. So I'll only need the PC for games(since that's the only thing they're good for);)

And beleive me, I'll manage to break something, sooner or later.

:):):):):)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom