never seen this....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostknight3

Baseband Member
ok im not sure about this.. but the comp im looking at runs 350mhz. after some tweaking and such to make it run a little better i had the case apart and was looking at the jumpers.
after about 5 min of decideding what to do with them i changed form 1-2 to 2-3 config and restarted.

after this when i started up it went directly to setup and there was a new menu in which i could change the speed from 350mhz to 450. so why i figure why not and change. saved and exited. reset jumpers to 1-2 config and started it back up. after boot i look at speed again and its still at 350.

is this cause i put the jumpers back to 1-2?? but if i left them at 2-3 then it woulda went back to setup. is there a way to keep it at 450 or is this just showing what i can get it up to?

I am guessing that you have an old mother board that has jumpers to change the clock of your cpu. Most of newer ones you can do this in the bios. What mother board do you have, what are the rest of your system specs?

if you dont know what those jumpers do then look in your manual... but i agree with the previous post, i just had a motherboard that was the same way, when in one position i could set the FSB from 100-132 then in another 133-165 and finally 166-200... yet it had no option to lock the AGP/PCI bus so i would suggest you dont do any of that, if your board doesnt support locking the AGP bus... also google this program first, it may work for you, its called clockgen.

Yeah its a low end motherboard that comes with jumpers all right. It wont go any faster because that boost was already used. That boost is at a set speed. Like Base Boost on a radio, either on or off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom