Game desktop (help a brother out!)

The disc isn't "perfect" but there aren't any scratches on it that seem damaging enough. But there are some small blemishes on it. Might be very small scratches...

The disc isn't "perfect" but there aren't any scratches on it that seem damaging enough. But there are some small blemishes on it. Might be very small scratches...
Well that's 2 drives you get the same error on. The only other thing it can be is the program you're using. I know for a fact UltraISO works with OS discs with no trouble.

And sorry for the trouble you've been having, just don't let it discourage you. I run into problems all the time, like for instance my fiance's Steam folder absolutely will NOT copy to any other device (bad HDD) so I have to redownload about 30GB of games on a 5Mb connection. :sick:

I used UltraISO but it froze and then something weird happened. The box that said "8% etc. etc." was replaced by the box I got before that (the one where you choose what drive to copy from) but I couldn't click it so I just ctrl-alt-deleted and shut down the process.

I'm really ****ed off though. I mean this is really fml. I've spent three weeks searching for a PC and then for parts and then for shops that sold the parts. Then I finally got the parts and instead of spending the average of 4 hrs on assembly I managed to pull through at about 20. All of that to find my windows 8 disc scratched. I swear if I have to send that disc to microsoft for review and to get a replacement I'm going to shove my boot so far up their ass...

Just to be safe (before I phone the shop/microsoft/etc.) when creating the iso file do you have to take the option "make CD/DVD-ROM Image File" to create the necessary ISO. I'm clutching at straws here... maybe I just used the wrong option (it would be typical for me) and that's why I get an error. Or maybe it has something to do with the fact that it's windows 8?

And if it's really the disk... what should I best do? Phone the shop and ask for a replacement? Or should I phone microsoft and ask them to give me a key to download an ISO file that I can put on a stick? I'm really at a loss here.

I really hope I don't have to spend the next two weeks trying to get this fixed. I'm looking forward to jumping through the many hoops of customer abuse they'll throw at me. Though they'll probably blame me and tell me I scratched the disk. I'll get to hang on the phone for an hour listening to the waiting music. ****ing A.

Of course when I finally get a good disk I'll probably discover my dvd-drive is broken too. And my wiring is chewed up by mutated flying rats.

Yes all you need to do is select make image file under tools, it's the first option.

Trust me when I say, rather you do this than later on find out you bought a pile of scrap you can't upgrade that doesn't do what you want it to do anyways. Pre-built is the easy way out, but it comes with some pretty pressing negative consequences. At least in this fashion, you can learn and turn it into a positive experience because you should know what to do if a "next time" comes up.

Anyways, you shouldn't have to go through a bunch of BS. You paid for a legit copy and simply tell them you want to make a bootable flash drive to bypass any possible disc drive issues. They should be able to email you a link to a direct ISO download or something similar.

I called up the store I bought the CD from and they agreed to give me a replacement. Picked that one up and got windows running. And yes, in case you're wondering... I'm typing this from my new PC!

Everything seems to be running smoothly now. I'm still getting used to windows 8 but it's not as hard as it seemed. I'm installing some games now. I'll be able to take my pc for a spin soon. I'm getting a weird error 16 from steam for my Skyrim mods but I'll figure that one out later. And my internet is acting up. But ah well, I'll deal with those issues later.

Thanks for helping me everyone!

Back
Top Bottom