AMD SLI anytime soon???

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMD 0wn4g3

Baseband Member
from what i can tell there are only 3 top mobo manufacturers planning on jumping the bandwagon and making their SLI boards for AMD

but when??

ASUS says their's will be released mid-late nov which is now

Gigabye - doesnt know wtf their doing(there only making 2PCI slots in theirs

MSI - no info yet

most ppl think the SLI is overkill, running 2 GPU's mainly Nvidia(of course) even tho its PCI-e 16x running it in SLI will slow it back down to 8x each but by todays standards thats more than enough.

i just figure its better to plan for the future ESPECIALLY with ur mobo if anything

the asus one is out..i just saw it. There should be a lot more releases after christmas

The SLI's will be way better in the future when they are forced into using all their capabilities..

I'm waiting for the AMD to come out and then i gotta choose between 2 6600GT's or 6800's

i just wish nvidia would have come out with a 16x agp or 32x even, PCIe makes me a little wary looking at some of the benchmarks, but i guess its like if we were to test a 8GHZ processor out now, we really couldnt see what it could really do until standards in other fields matched it

i would have love 2 see an exclusive amd 16xAGP or 32x go up against a 16x intel pcie

its just confusing because back when voodoo2 went sli, it failed miserably, im just not sure whether 2 jump into the pcie sli

same here...

There hasn't been enough proof to see what its fully capable of and then there has been talk about AGP-EXpress or something...

ok see my dilemma right now is...

1) wait a few weeks for an AMD 939 PCIe slot mobo with AGP slot (which im not even sure will exist)

2) wait a few weeks for an AMD 939 SLI PCIe mobo

3) get a reguar 939 8xAGP mobo and end up wasting 130 on it and about 600 on a 6800Ultra GPU if infact 16x becomes mainstream within 2 years which i seriously see being possible because (i work 4 sony tech support BLAH) and there is a new desktop comming out in dec with liquid cooling and a pcie slot with a pcie video card in it, so i mean it does seem possible it will become mainstream if sony is doing it, then hp and dell will prolly follow.....i dunno its a toughy

the PCI-E isn't fully utilized just like AMD64 chips so the benchmarks aren't really accurate yet

in a couple of pc magazines ive seen benches for SLI getting 35-40% increase over ultras alone... creating a highend within the highend of graphics cards...

yea there pasting the nF4 all over nvidias site even tho the 939 nF4 still hasnt hit newegg yet(the only site i would ever buy stuff from, besides dangerden, or tigerdirect) im still anxious for its release and from what ive seen in the screenshots were either 1 pcie 16x and 2 pcie 1x and either 2 or 3 pci's then theres my fav the asus with 2 pcie 16x SLI and 3 pci's (im not too fond of only seeing 2 pci slots :-/ )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom