new gaming rig :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
lazerman said:
I how do you choose which stepping you get?

actually some websites like excaliburpc.com (might be wrong, but i know i've seen it) will GUARANTEE a IQYHA stepping or w/e u want. BUT they will charge you an extra $15 or so, and i believe you cannot return it. Newegg does not guarantee anything, but ALOT of people get them, so i think they're common. i'd just go with newegg, and if it SUCKS (which i doubt it will) RMA should prove a better chip.

Can you please stop spamming? Anyways I am very talented when it comes to overclocking, I just didn't know how to get the stepping. I actually am getting the exact same setup nubius and others have cpu and mobo wise. I've had them in my Favorites for a few months now. So if I don't get IQYHA, do you think newegg would be kind enough for me to RMA it? Or would the differences be that noticeable? I would really like to get up to 2.7ghz because that would be sweet and would help compensate for my mid-performance level graphics card.

lazerman said:
Can you please stop spamming? Anyways I am very talented when it comes to overclocking, I just didn't know how to get the stepping. I actually am getting the exact same setup nubius and others have cpu and mobo wise. I've had them in my Favorites for a few months now. So if I don't get IQYHA, do you think newegg would be kind enough for me to RMA it? Or would the differences be that noticeable? I would really like to get up to 2.7ghz because that would be sweet and would help compensate for my mid-performance level graphics card.

They will RMA it if you say you don;t like the color lol. At least in my experience. It might not be noticable at all, some say it is, i never tried another mobile b4 personally. my friend has exact same chip as me (stepping wise0 and he CLAIMS 245*11 (he wont show me, wont post screenies, and gets all defensive about it...so i think hes lying). 2.7GHz is alot to ask on air with good temps, but i've seen it. i believe Nubius had it at one time....but heat and a constant power ov 2v is alot. i think you can dot it:)

actually i dont believe overclocking like that will help your graphics at all, only in low resolution and features does a really nice processor shine, when you get into mid-higher level graphics is where the graphics card shows its stuff, so unless you are running 640-480 then think about a newer graphics card

Well my new processor would be a huge step up from what I'm using now, almost twice as fast and with a bigger cache. Plus my mobo right now only supports up to pc2100 speeds and I have pc3200 ram lol. You don't think it would help that much?

well all i am saying is that your cpu and graphics are pretty much on par with each other, so if you upgrade your cpu then your graphics will lag behind it and vice versa... so here's my suggestion...

go for a 2800+ and new mobo, along with a 200-300$ graphics card, try the 6600GT AGP by XFX on newegg...

Leonidas said:
well all i am saying is that your cpu and graphics are pretty much on par with each other, so if you upgrade your cpu then your graphics will lag behind it and vice versa... so here's my suggestion...

go for a 2800+ and new mobo, along with a 200-300$ graphics card, try the 6600GT AGP by XFX on newegg...

how is a regular 6600 bad? why would he run 640*480? i dont think upgrading to the GT model would make an earthshattering difference where he could ramp up the settings and all that. that 2600+ will own the 2800+ even SLIGHTLY overclocked, more and it will jsut blow it away. i know my processor at its current speed does way better than any stock XP chip. and it overclocks farther than any XP chip hands down.

If I save up for anything it would be the Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro from newegg. So your telling me my new cpu and mobo I'm getting won't allow me to play games faster? Also My card is rated to be able to work better in 8x mode (which the NF7-S has) then it's current 4x mode which is the max for my mobo. Would that make any difference?

lazerman said:
If I save up for anything it would be the Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro from newegg. So your telling me my new cpu and mobo I'm getting won't allow me to play games faster? Also My card is rated to be able to work better in 8x mode (which the NF7-S has) then it's current 4x mode which is the max for my mobo. Would that make any difference?

Your CPU and mobo are fine, i just think the 2600+ Mobile would be better than the 2800+ or 3000+, because after overclocking it IS better. If running stock then go with the others i guess. and AGP8X will be better, you might notice a diff, but i don't on my card from 4X to 8X. Depends on game i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom