Game desktop (help a brother out!)

All right -- I got a dvi cable (my screen doesn't have HDMI). It was quite pricey (they only had pricey ones -_-) but at least I have visuals now!

There's one last error to fix and then I think I can start installing windows!

I get a chassis intrude error when I boot up. There's a jumper for the chassis intrude function and although I removed it at first (I accidentally removed all jumpers) I think I put it back right. I still get the error though... any idea how to fix that? I could just mount the sides again but I'd prefer to keep the PC open (or at least partially) until I get a convertor from molex to 2x3pins.

Also when I first saw visuals I couldn't help but scream "It's alive". I feel like dr. Frankenstein now.

-- Update with what I tried.

- I double checked the jumper cap on the chassis intrusion function on the motherboard. It's on the right pins so it should remove that function and the error but it doesn't.

- I cleared my CMOS. When I did, I didn't get the error and managed to get to the BIOS screen. I checked the boot order and then tried clicking "save and reset" but it said "no changes made" and offered me the option to "save and quit". I clicked save and quit and it then automatically rebooted and i got the chassis intrude error.

- I tried making some other changes to the BIOS (I updated the time for instance) but it still says "no changes made".

I just can't catch a break...

So I still don't know if the chassis problem is fixed. But when I was in the BIOS (after the umpteenth reset) I double clicked on the dvd drive and it started to run the windows disk, allowing me to install...

And now it has frozen at 2% (preparing for install) and has been there for the last hour or longer. This can't be normal... And it isn't. It gave an error (something about files missing or something) and it stopped. No idea what that's about -_- Can't find anything about it online.

I'm getting really frustrated now. I thought I had everything done. All the parts were installed, the wiring done and I got the dvi cable required to get visuals.

And after over 10 hours of work I haven't even installed windows and I've got nothing but problems... Anyone help?!

Last edited:
For the chassis intrude error, clear your CMOS again using the battery removal technique and then boot back into BIOS and make sure the option is disabled.

As for the Windows install troubles... it's either a problem with the disc or a problem with the drive IMO. Try a different SATA port and/or cable for the DVD drive. If you can, make a USB installer from Microsoft's tool: Microsoft Store

You'll need to rip the DVD into an ISO (you can do this using IMGBurn by selecting the Disc to Image function on the main menu).

Problem is I can't find the option in my BIOS. I've looked everywhere and there isn't any option that says "chassis intrusion" or anything like that...

There's no option for chassis intrusion in the bios. If you don't want it activated then you need to keep the jumper on the two pins that keep it shorted.

Last edited:
There's no option for chassis intrusion in the bios. If you don't want it activated then you need to keep the jumper on the two pins that keep it shorted.

Depends on the BIOS; some have it in the BIOS and some don't. Mind you, I didn't look it up for his specific board so I was just making assumptions since he said after he cleared the BIOS settings he didn't receive the prompt, so I figured there was a setting in there somewhere.

Depends on the BIOS; some have it in the BIOS and some don't. Mind you, I didn't look it up for his specific board so I was just making assumptions since he said after he cleared the BIOS settings he didn't receive the prompt, so I figured there was a setting in there somewhere.
This is true, his specific doesn't though (I did look it up). Also I edited my previous post to include the page of the manual that talks about the chassis intrusion feature.

The problem is my jumper has been on those two yellow pins all along. I have even switched it for another jumper (I thought it was broken) but still nothing. I still get the error despite shorting those two pins.

The only time I don't have the error is the first reboot after the CMOS reset.

The problem is my jumper has been on those two yellow pins all along. I have even switched it for another jumper (I thought it was broken) but still nothing. I still get the error despite shorting those two pins.

The only time I don't have the error is the first reboot after the CMOS reset.
I'm finding some people having similar problems like this on other forums. You can try this,

"this comes up alot with asus motherboards, heres my fix. check the sensor is not at fault bootup the computer and let it sit on the chassis intrusion message for 5 seconds press the power button once (don't hold it in, flick the psu switch or pull the power cable out) wait until it shuts down , and then remove the power cable, wait 15 seconds plug it back in and power it up, all should be good."

Problem is you may have to close up the case.

Back
Top Bottom